Waterloo Region Connected
Trails - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Trails (/showthread.php?tid=378)

RE: Trails - jamincan - 12-08-2018

Is that true? I'm racking my brain, and most of the examples I can think of off the top of my head are enclosed. The various pavilions at the zoo, the Atlantis pavilions at Ontario Place, Victoria Park Pavilion, and the World Expo country pavilions. On the other hand, if you plug pavilion into Google Image Search, the overwhelming majority of results are open-air shelters. I guess it's just an ill-defined term.

I actually have to give credit to whoever organized the session. The building is probably as close as you can get to the trail as possible for a bookable venue, it's central to the areas being studied, and the time coincides with when the trail likely sees the most users. The time of year isn't ideal - a lot of seasonal users will miss it - but it's not like you'd delay something like this to summer. Hopefully they put some signs on the trail encouraging users to divert over and take a look.

RE: Trails - panamaniac - 12-08-2018

(12-08-2018, 08:02 AM)Canard Wrote: Ah, okay - when I saw "Victoria Park Pavilion" I thought they meant this:

Roos Island Bandstand.  I think it's a gazebo rather than a pavilion.

RE: Trails - Canard - 12-08-2018

I am so sorry I derailed this thread.

RE: Trails - Spokes - 12-08-2018

If this is derailed, I don't even want to know what we'd describe some of our other threads over the years Wink

RE: Trails - tomh009 - 12-08-2018

(12-08-2018, 10:45 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 08:02 AM)Canard Wrote: Ah, okay - when I saw "Victoria Park Pavilion" I thought they meant this:

Roos Island Bandstand.  I think it's a gazebo rather than a pavilion.

A bandstand is a type of gazebo, which in turn is a type of pavilion.

The Wikipedia article on pavilions has a good description, and explains why both the Roos Island Bandstand and the Victoria Park Pavilion do qualify as pavilions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavilion

Trails are fun!

RE: Trails - danbrotherston - 12-08-2018

That's what I thought for a long time.

Is there a chance the trail could bend?

RE: Trails - timio - 12-08-2018

(12-08-2018, 03:07 PM)Canard Wrote: Is there a chance the trail could bend?

I would hope so, as it makes it a more interesting experience, my ... uh... trail using friend?

RE: Trails - Canard - 12-09-2018

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there are new traffic lights at the intersection of King St. and the Conestoga Parkway, just South of Conestoga Mall. The new traffic lights include separate 3-aspect bicycle lights. They have not yet been activated.

RE: Trails - timc - 12-09-2018

(12-09-2018, 04:17 PM)Canard Wrote: Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there are new traffic lights at the intersection of King St. and the Conestoga Parkway, just South of Conestoga Mall.  The new traffic lights include separate 3-aspect bicycle lights.  They have not yet been activated.

I'm imagining them being for the King Street crossing on the south side of the intersection at Manulife. Is that what you mean, or do they exist for other crossings too?

RE: Trails - MacBerry - 12-09-2018

(12-07-2018, 11:49 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Why are we doing *more* public insulations. This was already approved.

Just another opportunity for opposition.

Bill 66 Deregulation Bill by Ford's removal of requirements, that create a profit burden or slowing down businesses in moving forward, will change whether planners/politicians do some/all/zero consultations on projects and planning processes ... how cities/regions react is unknown if this passes. Developers are already talking about removing fixed rural boundaries like Wilmot/Waterloo.

RE: Trails - Canard - 12-09-2018

I'm sorry - I forgot to specifically mention they're for the MUT!  I didn't notice if there were any at Manulife - I meant North of the Conestoga Parkway, South of Conestoga Mall.  Specifically, here:

RE: Trails - timc - 12-09-2018

Oh, OK. I was thinking of where the Forwell Trail crosses King Street.

[Image: Zvszlc0.png]

I have seen some work being done with the poles there.

RE: Trails - danbrotherston - 12-09-2018

Ugh, I wonder if they'll rebuild that intersection to be less terribly designed for cyclists.