Waterloo Region Connected
Trails - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Trails (/showthread.php?tid=378)

RE: Trails - danbrotherston - 09-16-2019

(09-16-2019, 12:05 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Is the bridge being replaced due to deterioration, or is it being widened?

Both, apparently the maintenance on the existing bridge is very high, in addition, it will be widened to 3.6 meters from 2.4m.

RE: Trails - bpoland - 09-16-2019

Thanks for the info. It always seems like there are nail heads protruding from the boards on that bridge, and I have worried about flat tires. Widening it will also be great.

RE: Trails - clasher - 09-16-2019

I think there was some concern about structural integrity of the wood but they are also going to widen it.

RE: Trails - danbrotherston - 09-16-2019

(09-16-2019, 04:28 PM)clasher Wrote: I think there was some concern about structural integrity of the wood but they are also going to widen it.

The challenge was keeping the board nailed down. The bridge carried trains, it's structural integrity was not a problem.  Widening it is a big benefit though, it is very narrow.

RE: Trails - Acitta - 09-21-2019

Progress on the IHT.

They have put a second layer of asphalt on the trail from Mill to just past Stirling & Courtland. They have replaced the sidewalk from the end of the trail on the east side Stirling to the corner with asphalt. Also, they have put in the curb cut at Queen St.

RE: Trails - timc - 09-22-2019

I see that the IHT closure has been delayed. I hope it doesn’t end up being delayed until spring.

[Image: b7wLzMt.jpg]

RE: Trails - TMKM94 - 09-22-2019

It looks like construction will begin soon for the Transit hub trail. The Region put a sign in Raddatz park that mentions the trail and they also cleared shrubbery and trees near the creek, there is also a temporary fence going through out the back portion of the park.

RE: Trails - TMKM94 - 09-22-2019

I would add pictures but I can't figure out how.

RE: Trails - danbrotherston - 09-22-2019

(09-22-2019, 11:07 AM)timc Wrote: I see that the IHT closure has been delayed. I hope it doesn’t end up being delayed until spring.

[Image: b7wLzMt.jpg]

The funding is an upper government grant which is dependent on it being completed this year. If it were delayed till spring it would no longer be funded.

RE: Trails - tomh009 - 09-22-2019

(09-22-2019, 11:07 AM)timc Wrote: I see that the IHT closure has been delayed. I hope it doesn’t end up being delayed until spring.

This is only the Victoria-Glasgow segment that is delayed, right? South of Queen the progress seems to be on track.

RE: Trails - tomh009 - 09-22-2019

(09-22-2019, 12:41 PM)TMKM94 Wrote: I would add pictures but I can't figure out how.

Look for the "Browse" and "Add Attachment" buttons below the editing area. Once attached, click the button to insert into the post.

RE: Trails - timc - 09-22-2019

(09-22-2019, 09:40 PM)tomh009 Wrote:

This is only the Victoria-Glasgow segment that is delayed, right? South of Queen the progress seems to be on track.

Yep.

RE: Trails - clasher - 09-23-2019

It seems like they are really dogging it on the section south of Queen. I've been through there a bunch of times during regular working hours and there isn't a soul in sight.

RE: Trails - Acitta - 09-23-2019

As of today, the IHT is paved all of the way to Ottawa. As I post this, they are paving the section from Mill to Queen. They have also dug up sidewalks to replace curb cuts.

RE: Trails - Acitta - 09-23-2019

Paving the IHT at Mill St.