Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Coke6pk - 05-14-2018

Petro Canada at Victoria and Edna closed up. Was hoping for a modernization while the construction surrounded them, but the sign says permanently closed.

Coke

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - highlander - 05-15-2018

Frank Etherington's latest blog post claims the developers behind Sixo are negotiating to buy the KW Badminton Club (former Granite Club) building at Park and Agnes.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 05-15-2018

(05-15-2018, 11:52 AM)highlander Wrote: Frank Etherington's latest blog post claims the developers behind Sixo are negotiating to buy the KW Badminton Club (former Granite Club) building at Park and Agnes.

Do they own the entire building?  I'd assume so.

Interesting property acquisition.  I wonder if they already own some of the adjoining lots?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - JJTL - 05-15-2018

Looks like 112 Queen St S is getting a face lift (beside the old Schlichter's building). Full scaffolding, plywood and nets have gone up yesterday.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Pheidippides - 05-15-2018

I looked but didn't see a thread for 624 King St W (Hasty Market/Phat Cat plaza):

Staff report.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 05-15-2018

The whole core area from Uptown to Downtown is going to be so different in ten years with all of this development activity proposed, it's very exciting.

The project at 624 King St W is new to me.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Viewfromthe42 - 05-16-2018

That's much nicer than what I thought I had heard, just a 2 floor office building.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 05-16-2018

(05-15-2018, 04:52 PM)JJTL Wrote: Looks like 112 Queen St S is getting a face lift (beside the old Schlichter's building). Full scaffolding, plywood and nets have gone up yesterday.

The brickwork of that building was in pretty bad shape.  The cornice was also about ready to fall off - I wonder whether it will be replaced?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - JJTL - 05-17-2018

(05-16-2018, 07:21 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 04:52 PM)JJTL Wrote: Looks like 112 Queen St S is getting a face lift (beside the old Schlichter's building). Full scaffolding, plywood and nets have gone up yesterday.

The brickwork of that building was in pretty bad shape.  The cornice was also about ready to fall off - I wonder whether it will be replaced?

Looks like you called it. Cornice was removed yesterday, and a lot of brick seems to be coming down now too.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - MidTowner - 05-17-2018

(05-16-2018, 08:41 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: That's much nicer than what I thought I had heard, just a 2 floor office building.

Agreed. And less parking is good. But it's a shame that there will be no ground floor commercial. That's another net loss of commercial space in the area.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - JJTL - 05-17-2018

Truck hit the scaffolding setup at 112 Queen St S. Luckily no one was standing at that corner when it happened. Knocked out a light pole, which Hydro had to come and shut off. Street is closed at the moment.

https://twitter.com/jjtlavallee/status/997180537872769025

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - clasher - 05-17-2018

Scary incidnt, very easily could have ben fatalities if someone was on the corner. Wonder wtf the driver of that truck was thinking.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - GtwoK - 05-17-2018

Saw it happen — we're in 132 Queen next door. The truck was Carrying out dirt from a patio we're having built. They say the road will be closed until midnight while they deal with the scaffolding. There were 2 people on the scaffolding when it happened but luckily not at the side that was hit

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 05-17-2018

(05-17-2018, 03:53 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Saw it happen — we're in 132 Queen next door. The truck was Carrying out dirt from a patio we're having built. They say the road will be closed until midnight while they deal with the scaffolding. There were 2 people on the scaffolding when it happened but luckily not at the side that was hit

Private space or accessible to the public?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - GtwoK - 05-18-2018

Private — an old empty gravel lot behind / beside the building the we're livening up Smile