Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 04-09-2019

Perfect for a supermarket ...

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - timio - 04-09-2019

Mission Thrift Store has moved to Frederick Mall where Steve's TV was.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 04-10-2019

Incorporate the building and it's lot into some market lane improvements??

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Momo26 - 04-10-2019

Any word on what will happen to Market Square in foreseeable future?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - KevinL - 04-10-2019

(04-10-2019, 05:44 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Any word on what will happen to Market Square in foreseeable future?

I know the call centre moves out this week. That still leaves the Record, the career college, and Service Canada.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - taylortbb - 04-10-2019

Sortable is also there. I think in office space vacated by The Record downsizing.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - clasher - 04-11-2019

Has anyone heard if that Fit4Less is gonna open in the old good life spot?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - urbd - 04-11-2019

(04-11-2019, 09:52 AM)clasher Wrote: Has anyone heard if that Fit4Less is gonna open in the old good life spot?

I really don't think so... if they open downtown they will find a smaller and cheaper location - maybe towards victoria or south of kitchener market

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - clasher - 04-11-2019

(04-11-2019, 11:45 AM)urbd Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 09:52 AM)clasher Wrote: Has anyone heard if that Fit4Less is gonna open in the old good life spot?

I really don't think so... if they open downtown they will find a smaller and cheaper location - maybe towards victoria or south of kitchener market

Yeah, I thought it was weird that it would take so long to open a smaller gym in a place that was already a bigger gym.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 04-11-2019

(04-05-2019, 11:01 PM)lump23 Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 06:24 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The historical instituion, istm, is A barber shop in the Walper.  If the current operation is replace by another, more upscale, barber shop, the historical institution is maintained, no?

the walper hotel has indeed been there for well over a hundred years and it has seen many barbers in that time. I am sorry that this has happened, however, Perimeter has invested a lot of money to update the property and they are only looking to enhance the property for the market. Why would someone be upset about them spending money to improve there investment? Should we also be sentimental about all the other institutions that have fallen by the wayside such as Budd Canada, Schnieders, Lear Seating etc? We all have fond memories about things that are considered special to us, such as Goudies or the Eaton Center at King and Water (later Market Square). When do we say, lets move on?

And indeed it will continue to be a barbershop.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/9277717-new-barbershop-moving-into-historic-walper-hotel-space-in-kitchener/

Apparently Perimeter is trying to help the current barbers to find a new location(s).

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - dtkmelissa - 04-11-2019

(04-11-2019, 01:35 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 11:01 PM)lump23 Wrote: the walper hotel has indeed been there for well over a hundred years and it has seen many barbers in that time. I am sorry that this has happened, however, Perimeter has invested a lot of money to update the property and they are only looking to enhance the property for the market. Why would someone be upset about them spending money to improve there investment? Should we also be sentimental about all the other institutions that have fallen by the wayside such as Budd Canada, Schnieders, Lear Seating etc? We all have fond memories about things that are considered special to us, such as Goudies or the Eaton Center at King and Water (later Market Square). When do we say, lets move on?

And indeed it will continue to be a barbershop.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/9277717-new-barbershop-moving-into-historic-walper-hotel-space-in-kitchener/

Apparently Perimeter is trying to help the current barbers to find a new location(s).
I'm not sure how strong my source is on this but I heard they may be moving into the newly renovated space at Joseph and Water St.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 04-11-2019

If correct, I think that would actually be a very nice fit!

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 04-11-2019

Seems like a great fit

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Rainrider22 - 04-11-2019

(04-11-2019, 04:00 PM)dtkmelissa Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 01:35 PM)tomh009 Wrote: And indeed it will continue to be a barbershop.

I'm not sure how strong my source is on this but I heard they may be moving into the newly renovated space at Joseph and Water St.

Your source is good. I have it they will be moving into the newly renovated building as well.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - dtkmelissa - 04-12-2019

(04-11-2019, 11:59 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 04:00 PM)dtkmelissa Wrote: I'm not sure how strong my source is on this but I heard they may be moving into the newly renovated space at Joseph and Water St.

Your source is good. I have it they will be moving into the newly renovated building as well.

That's great to hear. I think that seems like a really good fit and I'm sure my spouse will happily follow them to their new location Smile