Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - DK519 - 11-20-2019

(11-20-2019, 03:15 PM)KevinL Wrote: It was Braun's Locksmith for years, they stopped having a storefront about 5-7(?) years ago and the space was renovated. Not sure why they haven't secured a long-term tenant.

It's a nice looking space inside. Hardwood floors, exposed brick and new HVAC. Odd that it has sat for so long.

I believe the building permit that was posted years ago said something about new apartments upstairs too.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - white_brian - 11-20-2019

At one point it looked to have been leased as there was stuff going from a moving company and a month later it was empty again...

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - white_brian - 11-22-2019

The house at the Corner of King E and Stirling has been demolished

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Bjays93 - 11-22-2019

Was driving down highway 8 today and it looked like the motel around king and fairway was being gutted. Any known plans for this site?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 11-22-2019

Which one?  The Fairway Inn?  That would be a happy day.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Bjays93 - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 12:24 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Which one?  The Fairway Inn?  That would be a happy day.
Can't find the name of the building but its connected to the Embers restauran . Big L shape. 

It appeared that the upper level was just the original walls. Could see right through the structure

Ongoing renovations at the Sunbridge Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn) I imagine.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - DK519 - 11-22-2019

(11-22-2019, 12:13 PM)white_brian Wrote: The house at the Corner of King E and Stirling has been demolished
Yea I was surprised how quickly that happened after it burned.

(11-22-2019, 01:06 PM)DK519 Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 12:13 PM)white_brian Wrote: The house at the Corner of King E and Stirling has been demolished
Yea I was surprised how quickly that happened after it burned.

"North-west" corner?  When was the fire?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - DK519 - 11-23-2019

(11-22-2019, 09:52 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 01:06 PM)DK519 Wrote: Yea I was surprised how quickly that happened after it burned.

"North-west" corner?  When was the fire?
https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/damage-estimated-at-500k-for-late-night-kitchener-fire-1.4658551

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 11-23-2019

Nice spot for a modest commercial or residential (triplex?) upgrade at some point. Hopefully not an extension of the medical building beside it - that parking lot out front is too suburban for that location.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - ac3r - 11-30-2019

Not a rumour but a quick question. Does anyone happen to remember if the UW School of Pharmacy building was intended to have a phase two? I vaguely recall plans for an additional building (3-6 floors perhaps) but I can't recall. If so, why was it cancelled? Unless it's still planned for the future...

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 11-30-2019

That does sound vaguely familiar, although I thought it was just future expansion, not necessarily related to the School of Pharmacy.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Acitta - 11-30-2019

Maybe you are thinking of the McMaster University's Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine Waterloo Regional Campus building which was built next to it.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 11-30-2019

(11-30-2019, 06:52 PM)Acitta Wrote: Maybe you are thinking of the McMaster University's Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine Waterloo Regional Campus building which was built next to it.
 Possibly, but the site is intended to take future expansion, no?