Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boulevard Parking (Kitchener)
By-laws have as much teeth as their enforcement. And here, that's very little

I've been actually quite surprised recently - before when I used Pingstreet to report parking violations on my street a couple of times a week, there was never any feedback.  Now, I get an email every time (usually 2-4 hours later....) that a ticket has been opened and Bylaw has been dispatched - often too late - but still, now it proves that someone is actually doing "Something" (it's a hand-typed email every time).

Saw this one on the weekend:

Lol, are they like...trolling pedestrians?

From my house, I can frequently see vehicles parked blocking the sidewalk, I call them in all the time, and I have never once seen a bylaw officer ticket them.

As far as I can tell, the only bylaw enforcement is ticketing for over time parking...that they have a whole vehicle for, that I see all the time...and it's the least problematic offense, basically theft of public value...given our parking tickets are only 20-25 dollars, one questions why the tickets are so low (all day parking is like 10 dollars).
Are you getting the manually-typed emails saying an officer has been sent, when you use the Pingstreet App?
(01-09-2019, 08:36 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Lol, are they like...trolling pedestrians?

From my house, I can frequently see vehicles parked blocking the sidewalk, I call them in all the time, and I have never once seen a bylaw officer ticket them.

As far as I can tell, the only bylaw enforcement is ticketing for over time parking...that they have a whole vehicle for, that I see all the time...and it's the least problematic offense, basically theft of public value...given our parking tickets are only 20-25 dollars, one questions why the tickets are so low (all day parking is like 10 dollars).

I can attest that bylaw has issued a ticket for blocking a sidewalk based on my calls on at least a couple occasions. But even I only call occasionally; it's a common problem, cars on sidewalks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »