Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to look for potential redevelopment plans
Is there any where else to check for a potential redevelopment plan besides looking at the active build permits or checking the agendas of city meetings? Multiple properties near my home have been sold and the current tenants have been ordered to leave and are in the process of moving out. I assume that the fact they are being forced to move means at the least there are major renovations for the homes planned, but given the number of connected properties affected I would not be surprised to see redevelopment into something larger. The area is zoned for mid sized development so one larger building is not out of the question. I have checked for build permits but there is nothing currently listed for the properties. One of the tenants mentioned that he believes the homes are being demolished but I didn't want to ask too many questions (like if he knows who bought the property etc) because he's going through a pretty crappy thing and it would be fairly insensitive to ask.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How to look for potential redevelopment plans - by BruceAshe - 09-01-2019, 09:42 AM