Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
General Township Updates and Rumours
Rumour has it that there are plans for the St Jacobs Outlet Mall to be converted into a banquet hall and brewery

(03-20-2022, 11:01 AM)CP42 Wrote: Rumour has it that there are plans for the St Jacobs Outlet Mall to be converted into a banquet hall and brewery

Coming to the St. Jacobs Market District in 2022 

Stockyards Beverage Company will be taking over 70,000 sq ft of space in St. Jacobs Outlet located in the St. Jacob’s Market District. The project is a joint venture between Ignite Group of Brands and Schlegel Urban Developments.
(03-20-2022, 12:45 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 11:01 AM)CP42 Wrote: Rumour has it that there are plans for the St Jacobs Outlet Mall to be converted into a banquet hall and brewery

Coming to the St. Jacobs Market District in 2022 

Stockyards Beverage Company will be taking over 70,000 sq ft of space in St. Jacobs Outlet located in the St. Jacob’s Market District. The project is a joint venture between Ignite Group of Brands and Schlegel Urban Developments.

I guess that rumour is confirmed!
Excited to see what they do with the place. Should be a much better use of space and attraction than the current outlet mall.
Various vendors have been pulling out of that space for a few years now. I don't know if it was pandemic related, rent related, or just a shift in the buying public. The Outlet Mall was built at time when there was the expectation that cross-border bus tours were going to be the bread and butter for the Market District for a long time to come. Since 2001, cross border tours have been greatly reduced and never really recovered.

On a Market District related noted, the Country Bulk store in the old Waterloo Market building across Weber St has closed and the Antiques Market is expanding into that space.
If I had to guess, online shopping killed it. Very little reason to drive all the way out there (especially from the US! haha) to save a few bucks on cheap overstocked goods when you can have everything delivered. I'll miss that Lego store they used to have though.
Also in the last couple of years the Toronto Premium Outlets and Outlet Collection at Niagara both opened with a far larger range of stores. The lot at the Outlet Collection was completely full when I was in the Niagara region on Friday.
(03-21-2022, 09:24 AM)ac3r Wrote: If I had to guess, online shopping killed it. Very little reason to drive all the way out there (especially from the US! haha) to save a few bucks on cheap overstocked goods when you can have everything delivered. I'll miss that Lego store they used to have though.

It was already dying 10 years ago, though.

(06-07-2022, 07:50 AM)Acitta Wrote: Dundee North Secondary Plan: Subwatershed, Transportation and Land Use Study

The purpose of the Dundee North Secondary Plan is to create a detailed planning framework to guide the development of this new community. Learn more about this planning process by reviewing our process map.
As outlined in our Official Plan(External link) we are committed to creating a complete and healthy community through:
  • the promotion of a compact urban form
  • efficient and effective delivery of services
  • employment opportunities
  • environmental conservation
  • the provision of arts and culture, and
  • the protection and promotion of cultural diversity.
Right now, these are agricultural lands and some environmentally protected areas. We expect to develop new urban uses such as homes, parks, open space, commercial and schools. This will follow our Official Plan and other regulatory frameworks.

This is still within Kitchener its just to the south of the Fusion Homes Wallaceton subdivision and west of Activa's Harvest Park Subdivision. This plan is actually outside of the Region of Waterloo's original countryside line for SW Kitchener the compromise with the development community opened this up for development :/
(06-07-2022, 10:26 AM)neonjoe Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 07:50 AM)Acitta Wrote: Dundee North Secondary Plan: Subwatershed, Transportation and Land Use Study

The purpose of the Dundee North Secondary Plan is to create a detailed planning framework to guide the development of this new community. Learn more about this planning process by reviewing our process map.
As outlined in our Official Plan(External link) we are committed to creating a complete and healthy community through:
  • the promotion of a compact urban form
  • efficient and effective delivery of services
  • employment opportunities
  • environmental conservation
  • the provision of arts and culture, and
  • the protection and promotion of cultural diversity.
Right now, these are agricultural lands and some environmentally protected areas. We expect to develop new urban uses such as homes, parks, open space, commercial and schools. This will follow our Official Plan and other regulatory frameworks.

This is still within Kitchener its just to the south of the Fusion Homes Wallaceton subdivision and west of Activa's Harvest Park Subdivision. This plan is actually outside of the Region of Waterloo's original countryside line for SW Kitchener the compromise with the development community opened this up for development :/

I reposted in General Suburban Updates.
An old feed mill in New Hamburg will be converted into geared to income affordable housing: https://kitchener.citynews.ca/local-news...ng-6446273
(01-01-2022, 06:12 PM)CP42 Wrote: I know this is just outside of the region, but the crane base is now in at the Elora Mill Condos project.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out as it will be the same developer as the Cambridge Mill Condos and Hotel.

[Image: Z0yvJh6.jpg]
Looks like my next new home in 10 years !! I hope it turns out as well as it's potential.
(02-27-2023, 09:07 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Looks like my next new home in 10 years !!  I hope it turns out as well as it's potential.

Oh, man. I wish.

Notices Application Signage is up at Max's Sports Golfing location (Kitty Corner to Walmart). The signs are back behind locked gates and knee deep in snow - anyone have clues as to what this might be?
I noticed the dome has been damages and now removed going on 2 years now. I will see what the woolwich site dishes up..
(03-01-2023, 05:03 PM)allknowing2012 Wrote: Notices Application Signage is up at Max's Sports Golfing location (Kitty Corner to Walmart). The signs are back behind locked gates and knee deep in snow - anyone have clues as to what this might be?
I noticed the dome has been damages and now removed going on 2 years now. I will see what the woolwich site dishes up..

Was pretty easy to find - surprisingly. https://www.engagewr.ca/1066626-ontario-...reet-north
Basically asking for temporary use to remain the same for next 3 years.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »