Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Block 599 (599 Strasburg Rd) | 8 fl | U/C
Drewlo has this up to one surface storey - that's six months after the basement walls went in. Definitely not zippy work.

[Image: KaGMxae.jpg]

[Image: evF8Wxg.jpg]

[Image: YxwbqiA.jpg]

That said, they've added a name! it's now Block 599 in Alpine Village. (The listed URL directs to a generic contact page for now.)

[Image: YwK7nPX.jpg]

That name sure rolls off the tongue.
All those first floor walls have gone up in the last two months so it is speeding up every so slightly compared to before but it is still a snail's pace.
(10-22-2022, 09:49 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: All those first floor walls have gone up in the last two months so it is speeding up every so slightly compared to before but it is still a snail's pace.

Well, sonny, I'll be moving in their once they're finished and I'm retired, shouldn't be much for than 15 years...back in my day..
Anyone been by this site lately? Pics?
(03-29-2023, 10:44 PM)Ellensparky Wrote: Anyone been by this site lately? Pics?

Over the last few months they've completed the first floor and most of the second floor, they've also completed the underground parking concrete work on the Block Line side of the site, they're currently using it for formwork storage. The side of the building closest to 595 Strasburg is onto the 3rd floor. I'll try to get a picture of this and 595 Strasburg the next time I'm by.
(03-29-2023, 11:01 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(03-29-2023, 10:44 PM)Ellensparky Wrote: Anyone been by this site lately? Pics?

Over the last few months they've completed the first floor and most of the second floor, they've also completed the underground parking concrete work on the Block Line side of the site, they're currently using it for formwork storage. The side of the building closest to 595 Strasburg is onto the 3rd floor. I'll try to get a picture of this and 595 Strasburg the next time I'm by.
Thanks! ☺️

This past week they've poured more of the third floor and were working on finishing the second floor walls on the Block Line side of the site.     
Aerial video just posted:

https://fb.watch/k7QQsHu0K7/
(04-06-2023, 08:39 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: This past week they've poured more of the third floor and were working on finishing the second floor walls on the Block Line side of the site. 

Maple Leafs will win a Stanley Cup before this thing is complete.
Any updates on this site?
Not much to update. When it comes to Drewlo projects, they're done when they're done. They are extremely slow, as if they only have 3-4 guys doing the entire thing by themselves.

I think by this time next year - June 2024 - it will be open and have people living in it, though that is also unironically an optimistic timeframe.
(06-26-2023, 01:35 PM)Ellensparky Wrote: Any updates on this site?

Still going slow and steady onto the 4th floor.

This is now onto the 5th floor, with walls completed or formed for about 3/4 of the floor. They have started to do interior framing for the units on the bottom two floors. They are also working on completing the underground parking to the rear of the building, most of the area is now full of columns, they have another row or two until the columns have aligned with the edge of the building closest to 595 Strasburg. It's just slow and steady like normal.
They're mostly complete the 6th floor on the Strasburg side and walls are going up for the 6th floor on the Block Line side, almost a year since KevinL's post showing the first floor walls being completed. Interior framing work is ongoing on at least the first 3 floors, and looks to be mostly completed on the first and second floors. Drywall was also being delivered to the site but I couldn't see where it was being installed. At the back of the site they're still working on completing the underground parking level which they had started a month ago.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »