Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to WRConnected!
I agree.. I love this new software!!

Good job with the site's face lift Spokes. It's really starting to look unique. 

A few comments:
-Possibly darken the olive green color to more of a forest green to aid in readability. 
-This maybe the result of looking at the site on an iPad, but the headings for newspaper articles look abnormally large relative to the post text. 
-The mobile site doesn't seem to allow you to go to the forum index without switching to the full (desktop) web page. 
-As previously mentioned, none of the graphics in the WYSIWYG editor load.
-You may want to default to showing the full site on tablets. 
(10-01-2014, 04:25 PM)Urbanomicon Wrote: Good job with the site's face lift Spokes. It's really starting to look unique. 

A few comments:
-Possibly darken the olive green color to more of a forest green to aid in readability. 
-This maybe the result of looking at the site on an iPad, but the headings for newspaper articles look abnormally large relative to the post text. 
-The mobile site doesn't seem to allow you to go to the forum index without switching to the full (desktop) web page. 
-As previously mentioned, none of the graphics in the WYSIWYG editor load.
-You may want to default to showing the full site on tablets. 

All great points!  I can address most of these

When you (and others) talk about the green, is the issue when text is green, or the menu bars?

With the change of software to a much better software (IMO), the formatting of a lot of posts got thrown off, mainly text size.  This is going to take me some time as I have to go through one by one and resize it all.  

On the mobile site, you just click on the title to go to forum index.  Im not sure I can have the software differentiate between mobile phones and tablets.  If there's a way to change it in the .htaccess file, that could be an option.
Mainly the text, although some of the smaller text in the menu bars (like "Smilies" on the WYSIWYG editor) is hard to read (at least on an iPad).

You can do it with htaccess, but you'll have to constantly keep it updated with all the current tablets. This PHP class may be more useful. https://github.com/serbanghita/Mobile-Detect/
LOVE the new design, it looks great! Well done Spokes!
Thanks for your hard work and dedication to make this a great forum. It is a wonderful place to come and share and learn about Waterloo region. I appreciate your dedication and the personal time it requires.
Can we start a section for forum standards/instructions?

I want to post articles and contribute, but as I am brand new to forums, I am unfamiliar with how to post articles with the full text and link as others have been doing.

Thanks for getting this forum up and running again!

(10-06-2014, 03:23 PM)StephanieCW Wrote: Can we start a section for forum standards/instructions?

I want to post articles and contribute, but as I am brand new to forums, I am unfamiliar with how to post articles with the full text and link as others have been doing.

Thanks for getting this forum up and running again!

There's a post here with instructions for starting a thread

I'll put one up about how we'd like articles posted, but it the meantime you can take a look at this post for an idea.

At the end of the day, don't worry about it if you mess up the formatting, the mods can help correct that if need be.  Just jump right in!
Thought I'd mention: I was on CBC radio KW this morning, talking about the I Support Light Rail group on Facebook. But I slipped in a shout out to WRC as a forum for people who are interested in our city and region, and how it is evolving.

I guess we'll see if that attracts anyone at all!
Awesome!
(04-27-2016, 11:06 AM)zanate Wrote: Thought I'd mention: I was on CBC radio KW this morning, talking about the I Support Light Rail group on Facebook. But I slipped in a shout out to WRC as a forum for people who are interested in our city and region, and how it is evolving.

I guess we'll see if that attracts anyone at all!

That's amazing!  Thank you!!

Does CBC radio archive any of these shows so those of us who missed it can listen?
(04-28-2016, 09:51 AM)Spokes Wrote: Does CBC radio archive any of these shows so those of us who missed it can listen?

The audio segment is attached to this article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/local-group-docum...-1.3555410
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »