Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Hydro crews were up at the OMSF today, installing some wiring:

Meanwhile, at King/Victoria, things look all ready to be covered up. There were a couple of big rolls of white tarp, which I suspect are the covering, sitting on the ground.

And finally...

...the installed signals at Courtland/Borden!  Our very first view of what a final intersection with embedded track in the urban environment will look like.

Just thinking over all the level crossings we now have on LRT track. I hope this is a full list:

Spur @ Bearinger
Spur @ Columbia
Spur @ University
Spur @ Seagram

Caroline and Father David Bauer
Caroline and Alexandria
Caroline and William
Caroline and Fullerton
Caroline and Norman
Caroline and Freemont

Charles and Water

Charles and Benton

Borden and Courtland

Anything missing? (Perhaps Borden and Bedford, or Dundas?)
Charles and Gaukel, and Charles and Ontario.  Speaking of the latter, here is my contribution to the progress photography ...

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-06-2016, 01:20 PM)Canard Wrote: Charles/Water area cont'd:

Awesome picture.  Thanks for taking the time to get them and share with us !!

Charles/Queen:
(02-06-2016, 01:25 PM)Canard Wrote: And finally...

...the installed signals at Courtland/Borden!  Our very first view of what a final intersection with embedded track in the urban environment will look like.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=804]

Very nice! Big Grin
(02-06-2016, 03:17 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Charles and Gaukel, and Charles and Ontario. 

Ah, but those are not yet level crossings (concrete is not poured). They're next on the list, though, obviously.

Noticed today that Caroline / Alexandria also has traffic light poles in place, though there are no actual lights on them yet.
Really appreciate the photo updates everyone!!
(02-06-2016, 03:58 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 03:17 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Charles and Gaukel, and Charles and Ontario. 

Ah, but those are not yet level crossings (concrete is not poured). They're next on the list, though, obviously.

Sorry, it seems that I misunderstood your question!
February 05, 2016 - Blockline Station area

February 06, 2016 - Uptown Waterloo

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Eerie! Especially because of the mars-like tint from the sun.
On the Spur Line, they've been pouring the upper layer of ballast on the second track. This upper ballast is about as far south as University Ave now. They still need to level and tamp the ties, and smooth out the ballast. No sign of any of that south of R&T Park station yet.

(02-09-2016, 06:55 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: February 05, 2016 - Blockline Station area

Anyone know why the station area looks so far below the road level?  I thought the tracks were level w/ Courtland....

Coke
(02-09-2016, 09:08 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 06:55 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: February 05, 2016 - Blockline Station area

Anyone know why the station area looks so far below the road level?  I thought the tracks were level w/ Courtland....

Coke

It's likely that they're filling in soil at the same pace as the retaining wall is being built. We'll see the ground up at the same level as the road when all's said and done.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »