Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Big line at the open house.

What do they mean by funding partners?

It was awesome to see the amount of people out to see the first Ion LRV, great to see excitement building!!
(04-08-2017, 04:30 PM)rangersfan Wrote: What do they mean by funding partners?

The province and feds - hence, MPPs and MPs.
>2600 people attended according to the Ion twitter account.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
It was really reassuring to see so many different types of people there and clearly excited!
Luckily we got there early today. Dutton was an absolute zoo when we left!

It was a good time, and they were handing out plenty of swag!

I hope they post the video of the drive down the track, complete with the "Canadian Table Hockey Champion" in DTK!
(04-08-2017, 06:04 PM)Chicopee Wrote: Luckily we got there early today. Dutton was an absolute zoo when we left!

It was a good time, and they were handing out plenty of swag!

I hope they post the video of the drive down the track, complete with the "Canadian Table Hockey Champion" in DTK!

That was the best.  My kids and I laughed so hard ... Nice to see people still have a sense of humour !!

CTV Kitchener ran a little special from today: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/the-trains-a...-1.3360640

...and for those who couldn't make it, Walter Illman from the facebook group has put together a great video walk-through:

Few pics off my phone from today for those who couldn't make it.

Attached Files Image(s)

What is the purpose of the stop buttons on the train? Surely it would be making all stops regardless?
(04-08-2017, 09:16 PM)jamincan Wrote: What is the purpose of the stop buttons on the train? Surely it would be making all stops regardless?

They're a standard part of the Metrolinx specifications so we got them too. I think there was a discussion a few pages ago that concluded they were going to be removed here.
1/2 - ion "First LRV" Open House, Saturday April 8, 2017

2/2 - ion "First LRV" Open House, Saturday April 8, 2017

Also at the event - the platform smartcard validator, and the new bus farebox:

[Image: bhLhoVm.png]   [Image: IYouoeQ.png]
Here's a bit of a puzzler - the only traffic signal that hasn't been reactivated (in the entire system, to my knowledge) is King and Green streets. The GRH lights are working, the Central Fresh lights... but this one is still temporary-posted as a 4-way stop.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »