Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request: What's New link in Footer
My normal flow is to go to the What's New page and open tabs to each thread with new posts from there. 

Every now and then though, especially in the cases where there's only one updated thread, I open it in the same tab. To get back to What's New I need to get to the top of the page and click the link.

It would be very convenient if there were a link to What's New on the bottom of the page somewhere, and the footer strikes me as a fairly good spot for that.

This is the lowest of all possible priorities, if it is even possible.

That makes a ton of sense.

I'm out of town right now for March break, so it might have to wait till next week, but great idea. PM me if I forget
(03-11-2019, 04:59 PM)Spokes Wrote: That makes a ton of sense.

I'm out of town right now for March break, so it might have to wait till next week, but great idea.  PM me if I forget

I actually would say I miss the old format: The reasoning, I am not always seeing the "new" posts. Anything regarding the LRT isn't even there.
What do you mean by old format? What has changed
(03-11-2019, 10:46 PM)Spokes Wrote: What do you mean by old format?  What has changed

My old view had a sidebar column with the most recent posts, I don't see how to activate it though.  Where is the "What's New" link at the top?
(03-12-2019, 01:24 PM)embe Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 10:46 PM)Spokes Wrote: What do you mean by old format?  What has changed

My old view had a sidebar column with the most recent posts, I don't see how to activate it though.  Where is the "What's New" link at the top?

What theme are you using? The FocusResponsive and Focus2 themes both have a prominent "What's New" link in a menu bar just below the title bar. The default MyBB theme has some sort of new posts link in a similar spot.
Yes. I think Rob's point is that it disappears as you scroll down.

However, hitting the Home key brings it up so that's OK for me.

Once it's added in the footer this should resolve the issue

The only thing that's changed is the main home page no longer saying how many new posts there are.
What's New has been added to the Quick Links part of the footer. Give it a try and let me know if there are any issues.
Would be nice on mobile as well
Working on mobile/footer issues
Looks good!
It works great, Spokes. Thanks so much!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »