Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Fridge KW
I thought I'd start a thread for Community Fridge KW.

If anyone is unfamiliar, the concept of community fridges started in The Other Berlin a few years ago and have now been adopted across cities around the world. A group of people started a local one downtown Kitchener outside of Full Circle Foods at the corner of Charles and Queen Streets. It's housed in a wooden shed in the parking lot of the grocery store. It's a great project that serves everyone and fills a the niche of quick, immediate accessible food as opposed to going to a food bank.

Currently they are low on donations and are asking for more as things have slowed down the last couple weeks. If you'd like to donate, this Instagram post has a list of acceptable foods/drinks, but to summarize they basically accept anything except raw meats, eggs/milk, alcohol (due to the fact this is open to anyone) and anything damaged/rotten/half eaten/etc. Whether you have a single apple in your backpack or go out of your way to purchase something, any donation helps. You are also free to take any items you feel you need.

Thank you for sharing this useful information, but I have had problems with the community refrigerator when there is a large population and the car parking is not enough.
(05-07-2021, 02:55 AM)Antonioss Wrote: Looks like my comment has been deleted. Can I know the reason?

Sorry, new users are moderated at first and we didn't spot your post waiting for approval.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »