Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gage Ave Townhouse project
Gage Ave Townhouse project
85 Gage Ave, Kitchener
Developer: Rock Base Homes Inc
Project: Stacked townhouse project with 28 units

Rock Base Homes also completed the townhouse project at 93 Gage Ave.

Before
77,81,85 Gage Ave

[Image: before.png]

September 12, 2014

[Image: September1220141.png]

[Image: September1220142.png]

[Image: September1220143.png]
Anyone know of a render for this project?
I was unable to find a render anywhere. I could not even find a website for the developer.
I doubt there will be a render found anywhere, as I expect these will be very similar to the standard townhomes built to the west, which are nice, but nothing extraordinary.
I believe 89 Gage is now part of the development (skids of bricks or cinder blocks are being stored on the driveway) Smile
Love the increased density in the area.

I'm hoping down the road the whole AirBoss property gets redeveloped.

Spokes Wrote:Love the increased density in the area.

I'm hoping down the road the whole AirBoss property gets redeveloped.

That would be a huge challenge. The original factory (at least) would need to be preserved (if it's not already designated heritage, it needs to be). I assume that the entire site is also badly contaminated.
Ya good point. That's too bad, would cost mega bucks to clean up. I really like that original building though.
Spokes Wrote:I'm hoping down the road the whole AirBoss property gets redeveloped.
Given how much growth and potential for growth there is closer to the downtowns, and that AirBoss is actually using this factory as their primary facility for something related to its original purpose, I don't see a pressing need for redevelopment there. The Albert Kahn designed factory is gorgeous, of course.
mpd618 Wrote:
Spokes Wrote:I'm hoping down the road the whole AirBoss property gets redeveloped.
Given how much growth and potential for growth there is closer to the downtowns, and that AirBoss is actually using this factory as their primary facility for something related to its original purpose, I don't see a pressing need for redevelopment there. The Albert Kahn designed factory is gorgeous, of course.

And that's where my thought process came from.
18-Jun-2015

[Image: 2zdyoa9.jpg]
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
I think that's quite all right. Not an architectural masterpiece, but nice enough for what it is.

Condo units in this complex are listed on MLS for $260-270K.
(06-20-2015, 04:50 PM)mpd618 Wrote: Condo units in this complex are listed on MLS for $260-270K.

For how many sq ft?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »