Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Yep saw pharmacy too - you are right. Would have been a bit better if this was a full fledged walk in though no? Thoughts?

As in walk-in clinic? Perhaps it will be both? The building is too large to be just a pharmacy.
Pharmacy and a "wellness centre", whatever exactly that means:

And here is the rest of the project, in the early morning:

(10-13-2020, 11:40 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Pharmacy and a "wellness centre", whatever exactly that means:

"There's also some homeopathic products because we want in on that sweet Goop money too"
(10-13-2020, 11:43 AM)robdrimmie Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 11:40 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Pharmacy and a "wellness centre", whatever exactly that means:

"There's also some homeopathic products because we want in on that sweet Goop money too"

Unfortunately, I suspect it’s very difficult to run a pharmacy without selling snake oil as well.
A shot of the tower slowly rising at the Garment Street project. It's nice they're keeping that old pharmacy building and modernizing it into the project. I just hope this activates some more street activity, though I highly doubt it due to the location and the businesses that will be setting up there.

[Image: TtBe8iO.jpg]
You mean "old dry cleaners building", I think.

Here is a shot from the back side. Looks like there is glass going in at the podium level for the Garment St. tower now.

[attachment=7369]
(10-13-2020, 10:00 PM)panamaniac Wrote: You mean "old dry cleaners building", I think.

Oh yes....which is becoming a pharmacy, it would seem? I think. I've pad no attention to what is going in there haha.
Looking at that photo again... Would the For Lease signs up imply that "Victoria Wellness & Pharmacy" is the building name, and not a business name? According to the website on the signs (https://www.130victoria.com/) there will be 2 units. Although the render on that website shows the building with a "Victoria Wellness & Co" sign, so maybe a pharmacy has leased one of the two units.

That also seems to be a massive rooftop patio for a medical building...? Would have been great for a restaurant if it could be isolated from Victoria a little bit.

I also appreciate the photo of a bathroom next to the "Pharmacy" blurb, and photo of a home kitchen next to the "Retail Space" one.
They're currently jumping the crane.
(10-14-2020, 12:39 PM)dtkvictim Wrote: Looking at that photo again... Would the For Lease signs up imply that "Victoria Wellness & Pharmacy" is the building name, and not a business name? According to the website on the signs (https://www.130victoria.com/) there will be 2 units. Although the render on that website shows the building with a "Victoria Wellness & Co" sign, so maybe a pharmacy has leased one of the two units.

That also seems to be a massive rooftop patio for a medical building...? Would have been great for a restaurant if it could be isolated from Victoria a little bit.

I also appreciate the photo of a bathroom next to the "Pharmacy" blurb, and photo of a home kitchen next to the "Retail Space" one.

The original proposal for the updated dry-cleaner space was a cafe. Makes me wonder if perhaps they are still supposing that will be a part on that rooftop patio, but decided there was better use for the street front unit?
The first pieces of the glazing have gone up on the bottom floors of the tower facing Victoria. They are also starting to build the section of the podium that connects 100 vic to garment. The building is also on it's 16th floor.

Updated pics by any chance?
(11-30-2020, 11:39 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Updated pics by any chance?

I was just driving by but the zehr group has some pictures on there instagram.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »