Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Downtown project directory
Is there a way to turn off Google's own markers for locations? I was excited to see that there was some sort of development at the Waterloo Rec Centre and only later realized it was Google's dots. Alternatively, I think you can change the shape of the dots so they're easier to differentiate.

Nice work!

(05-15-2019, 09:23 AM)jamincan Wrote: Is there a way to turn off Google's own markers for locations? I was excited to see that there was some sort of development at the Waterloo Rec Centre and only later realized it was Google's dots. Alternatively, I think you can change the shape of the dots so they're easier to differentiate.

Nice work!

There is work planned for the Waterloo Rec Centre.
https://www.waterloochronicle.ca/news-st...-timeline/
Thank you all for your kind words! 

@jamincan I do not know how to turn off the default Google pins. I didn't put the New Adult Recreation Centre as it was not a residential or Commercial development.  I do plan to add more developments to the map. Again, thank you!
I think it's time for Tom to update the first post, lots of changes over the past year!
The Kitchener and Waterloo databases on skyscraperpage.com seem to be outdated, not including major recent projects such as the Drewlo Development, Strata etc as well as outdated building height info. for One hundred, for example. There are few diagrams for the recent projects.

Similarly, the Wikipedia article for the tallest buildings in Waterloo Region seems to have not been updated since 2013, with many long-completed projects still listed as being under construction.

Emporis seems to be the only database which has up to date information about recent developments.
(05-30-2019, 07:24 PM)kalis0490 Wrote: The Kitchener and Waterloo databases on skyscraperpage.com seem to be outdated, not including major recent projects such as the Drewlo Development, Strata etc as well as outdated building height info. for One hundred, for example. There are few diagrams for the recent projects.

Similarly, the Wikipedia article for the tallest buildings in Waterloo Region seems to have not been updated since 2013, with many long-completed projects still listed as being under construction.

Emporis seems to be the only database which has up to date information about recent developments.

I'll see what I can do with Wikipedia, I do some editing there, though not always locally related. However, I would need details of what is missing, and details of missing facts (example, height of building, number of floors, etc). Pictures are helpful too.
The Waterloo developments map that I created might help in terms of details.

Skyscraperpage and Emporis both have good information about K-W developments.

The Wikipedia page does have a second list of projects and proposals, many of which are now complete and should just be moved up to the main list.
A lot of updates made now. Still need to cross-reference with Kalis's map.
I am happy to help with your endeavours if help is needed
(06-15-2019, 11:05 PM)kalis0490 Wrote: I am happy to help with your endeavours if help is needed

I'll try to take a look at it later to see if anything I can change. Really, what I need is solid accurate information with proper references.

I have made some minor changes at the wiki site, so it's a start (some of it is very dated).
(06-18-2019, 05:17 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 11:05 PM)kalis0490 Wrote: I am happy to help with your endeavours if help is needed

I'll try to take a look at it later to see if anything I can change. Really, what I need is solid accurate information with proper references. 

I have made some minor changes at the wiki site, so it's a start (some of it is very dated).
I've been editing it slowly to. It just takes incredibly long.
(06-18-2019, 06:22 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 05:17 PM)jeffster Wrote: I'll try to take a look at it later to see if anything I can change. Really, what I need is solid accurate information with proper references. 

I've been editing it slowly to. It just takes incredibly long.

It sure does. So much old info. I did add Charlie (which I was surprised since it wasn't there) and deleted an old entry for Waterloo (tallest buildings in WR under construction) and changed that to DTK. I noticed that the Barrel buildings need to be moved from under construction to tallest buildings. But again, stats are needed.

All in due time, I guess.

Hello All! 

Over the past couple of days, I have added the number of units in each urban project to my Waterloo developments map (link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-gbX0G...sp=sharingNOTE: for projects where there is no definitive number of units for each tower, the column, "Number of Units-NUM" will be 0 and the number of the units in the whole development will be in the text column "Number of Units".

To answer @panamaniac's question in the DTK Condos thread ("How many residential units are under construction in DTK currently?"):

If we consider the projects that are under active construction (including those in the demolition and foundation phase), projects in DTK that are in this category include Charlie West, Young Condos, Duke Tower Kitchener, the Drewlo project, Arrow Lofts II, Barra on Queen, The Market Flats, 242 Queen St. S, 59 Scott St. , 51 David St, and The Duke. When one adds up the number of units in each of these projects, they get 2247 residential units currently under construction in DTK. 

If we consider the projects that are proposed but have little activity,  projects in DTK that are in this category include 387 King St. E, 21 Ontario St N, 45 Duke St, Avenue M, and 64 Margaret Ave. When one adds up the number of units in each of these projects, they get 637 residential units currently under construction in DTK.

If we consider both the units that under construction and are proposed, there are currently 2884 Units in DTK in the process of being built.

By the way Here are some interesting statistics from the map:

Top 5 Developers in KW:
1. Accomod8U/Prica Group (17 buildings)
2. Auburn Developments (14 buildings) (Note: This does not include all of the buildings of the Metz development)
3. IN8 Developments ( 12 buildings)
4. Drewlo Holdings ( 10 buildings)
5 Momentum Developments (9 buildings)

Top 5 Architects in KW:
1. ABA Architects (25 buildings)
2. PG Design Studio (20 buildings)
3. Masri O Architects (13 buildings)
4.  SRM Architects (13 buildings)
5. Turner Fleischer Architects (12 buildings) (Note: This does not include all of the buildings of the Metz development)
Does that above list include the 900+ units which will be located at Station Park?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »