Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upscale Bar?
So my wife and I recently had drinks at W Bar at Wildcraft. We like it's slightly more upscale nature than other bar/pubs. She commented that while we like it, we've been there a lot and it sucks that there's not more places like it.

With two kids under two and a half, I feel like we've probably missed some spots opening. My faith in the Region says that there are more places like that. So I turn to all of you, any slightly more upscale spots for drink you'd recommend?

Depends how you define "upscale". Smile I do think TWH is quite civilized, as is Gilt.
Grand Trunk Saloon and White Rabbit are great cocktail bars. The former is a little bit more classier than the latter. They aren't metal and glass upscale in the way of TWH and Gilt (two places I'd have also recommended had they not already been) but they are priced in the same neighbourhood.
Something to look forward to opening very soon: https://loloanlobbybar.com/
Not sure how "upscale" it will be exactly but given the building it is going in, it is promising.
Loloan is the one by the Bhimas Warung (person? team?) right? I suspect that's quite likely to be upscale, and fantastic.
21 Fir
Just need the LRT to start running so that I don't have to drive back. Smile

(01-30-2018, 02:56 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: Loloan is the one by the Bhimas Warung (person? team?) right? I suspect that's quite likely to be upscale, and fantastic.

Agreed. Just all depends on what people define as upscale. It will be high-quality no doubt.
(01-30-2018, 03:12 PM)NotStan Wrote: 21 Fir

Just heard about this one from someone else.  

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!
(01-30-2018, 03:58 PM)Watdot Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 02:56 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: Loloan is the one by the Bhimas Warung (person? team?) right? I suspect that's quite likely to be upscale, and fantastic.

Agreed.  Just all depends on what people define as upscale.  It will be high-quality no doubt.

Does the Delta have a bar/lounge? I have not been to the new hotel.
(02-04-2018, 12:13 AM)MacBerry Wrote: Does the Delta have a bar/lounge? I have not been to the new hotel.

Yes, Proof at the Delta is a restaurant/bar/lounge which is indeed upscale.
Wilk's Bar at Langdon Hall is a very nice spot.
(02-05-2018, 10:25 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: Wilk's Bar at Langdon Hall is a very nice spot.

I'll second that.  Plus, the food is made in the same kitchen by the same chef that serves the main dining room but the costs are considerably less.  It's win-win.

(02-04-2018, 12:24 AM)plam Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 12:13 AM)MacBerry Wrote: Does the Delta have a bar/lounge? I have not been to the new hotel.

Yes, Proof at the Delta is a restaurant/bar/lounge which is indeed upscale.

And if you haven't been to Proof, I highly recommend it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »