Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
(07-05-2022, 11:58 AM)ac3r Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 07:55 AM)cherrypark Wrote: I guess to be determined on the metal sculpture rendered coming to life but wouldn't count on it. Just hoping they cover these with something and maybe eventually just a pick one colour and stick with it.

I guess sculpture isn't the right term, so I don't know what to call it haha. I'm thinking something like this. Something dimensional, possibly made out of stainless steel which could reflect white light in a nice way. Wrap the awful striped podium in that, add bright white lighting for nights and you wouldn't really notice how awful it is. It's super elementary design so it perplexes me the team who designed this couldn't achieve this.

Maybe it was also SRM that designed that permanent technicolor disco stairwell in one of the student apartment towers on Uni. Trying to bring back 80s roller skating aesthetic.

Lol: https://www.reddit.com/r/waterloo/commen...tk_condos/
(08-02-2022, 06:20 AM)ac3r Wrote: Lol: https://www.reddit.com/r/waterloo/commen...tk_condos/

Lol I lived in one of IN8’s buildings in university for a year, right when it was completed and the fire alarms and strobes always went off.
But no one here's answered the question: Did anyone go to the rave??
If it's dark enough, even the DTK can look good! Big Grin

Ha! Best I've seen it look in ages!
Signs up in (one of?) the retail windows for Taste of Seoul, which is currently in the building that the Victoria / Park developments are slated for

[Image: vSdhmoK.jpg]

(12-19-2022, 02:25 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Signs up in (one of?) the retail windows for Taste of Seoul, which is currently in the building that the Victoria / Park developments are slated for

That's good news. I like their food, and was worried they'd have to close or leave DTK. But the new location is much more central, and now I'll visit more often.
(12-19-2022, 02:25 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Signs up in (one of?) the retail windows for Taste of Seoul, which is currently in the building that the Victoria / Park developments are slated for

Where is this?
(12-20-2022, 06:56 PM)foozlewoozle Wrote:

Where is this?

Currently they're at 154 Victoria St S, https://maps.app.goo.gl/JBEcZsShYS1jNkQo9
I feel like this location would be a good spot for a nicer sit-down restaurant, namely because it's 2 blocks away from the Centre in the Square. CITS is wildly lacking in nearby restaurants for dinner before a show. Fivepoint and the new Civic 66 building are two other locations that would benefit from being relatively close to CITS, and I know Civic 66 has a portion of their ground floor specifically earmarked for a restaurant with patio. I don't think Taste of Seoul has much seating in their current location, but I hope they get some in their new home!
(12-21-2022, 02:35 PM)SF22 Wrote: I feel like this location would be a good spot for a nicer sit-down restaurant, namely because it's 2 blocks away from the Centre in the Square. CITS is wildly lacking in nearby restaurants for dinner before a show. Fivepoint and the new Civic 66 building are two other locations that would benefit from being relatively close to CITS, and I know Civic 66 has a portion of their ground floor specifically earmarked for a restaurant with patio. I don't think Taste of Seoul has much seating in their current location, but I hope they get some in their new home!

Exclamation! Would make a good tenant at this location....
I highly recommended going to Taste of soul for those that have not tried it. IMO it is one of the best "korean" restaurant in the region.

I've never been. Worth checking out it seems

Happy new year everyone!
I don't know what this is (water damage?) but it was happening pretty consistently across the Duke St facing podium.

[Image: l6eJge7.jpg]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »