Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
Rental. That's what Drewlo does.

And, yes, the crane has been moving plenty, until the strike, even if the construction pace is on the slow side.

(05-19-2022, 10:24 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: This project was almost at grade in a July of 2019. I have never seen the crane moving once.  All the concrete already looks weather-beaten. The whole site is dusty and unorganized, it looks mummified lol. Is this a rental? Or, did sales happen prior to digging? You’d think Drewlo would try to finish this quickly to start recouping costs/rent. Really bizarre

It is a rental project.
(05-19-2022, 10:32 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(05-19-2022, 10:24 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: This project was almost at grade in a July of 2019. I have never seen the crane moving once.  All the concrete already looks weather-beaten. The whole site is dusty and unorganized, it looks mummified lol. Is this a rental? Or, did sales happen prior to digging? You’d think Drewlo would try to finish this quickly to start recouping costs/rent. Really bizarre

It is a rental project.

One of the cranes started up again on Tuesday. Project went idle even before the strike…
Yep, I saw action on site this morning. Crane moving, at least one or two people working.
(05-26-2022, 10:54 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: Yep, I saw action on site this morning. Crane moving, at least one or two people working.

It'll get done by the time you retire, assuming you're 20 years old. Your grandchildren can come visit you for lunch break when they're attending CHCI.
(06-01-2022, 08:14 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 10:54 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: Yep, I saw action on site this morning. Crane moving, at least one or two people working.

It'll get done by the time you retire, assuming you're 20 years old. Your grandchildren can come visit you for lunch break when they're attending CHCI.

Bold to assume that a 20 year old in today's society will ever have the money to retire or have kids/grandkids.
Lol. Probably more likely to end up living with roommates until they're geriatric...or in a tent city fighting your neighbours so they don't steal your last tank of butane and then dying early because some right wing Premier privatized health care long ago and now even bandaids cost 69.99.

(06-02-2022, 08:47 AM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 08:14 PM)jeffster Wrote: It'll get done by the time you retire, assuming you're 20 years old. Your grandchildren can come visit you for lunch break when they're attending CHCI.

Bold to assume that a 20 year old in today's society will ever have the money to retire or have kids/grandkids.

I'll take just being able to afford food and gas while going to school at this point.
photos from yesterday 

[Image: Oqy9jqi.jpg]

[Image: 0SR9TH5.jpg]
It's too bad this is taking SO long because it's going to add a lot to this end when it's done. Just feels like that's never.
I give it two more years until it tops out...and that's being optimistic.
(06-17-2022, 03:13 PM)Spokes Wrote: It's too bad this is taking SO long because it's going to add a lot to this end when it's done. Just feels like that's never.

Only 10 stories to go! Maybe by next spring? And occupancy late 2023?
(06-17-2022, 09:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 03:13 PM)Spokes Wrote: It's too bad this is taking SO long because it's going to add a lot to this end when it's done. Just feels like that's never.

Only 10 stories to go! Maybe by next spring? And occupancy late 2023?
…and then repeat with the other building. 2027-2028 before the whole thing is done?

Two more months, and two more floors, now up to 12 in total. It appears that they are starting to work on the interiors in paralle (most floors already have glass) but this will surely not top out until 2023.

At least it's progress. Something, right?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »