Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
If that render in the Vertikal link is accurate, it looks like they're cladding the podium to break it up visually like it's a series of narrower buildings, instead of an endless expanse of a single colour. I appreciate that small touch.

(04-19-2023, 09:05 AM)ac3r Wrote: Well, I guess the thread title can be updated now. Vertikal isn't very creative but oh well haha. It'll be nice to see more density this side of downtown.

You might want to change to 2s to 4s 👍😊
What's up with the blue wall feature on the far left of the building podium?
(04-19-2023, 11:32 PM)nms Wrote: What's up with the blue wall feature on the far left of the building podium?

It's a multi-coloured glass feature.
Just posted a few minutes ago….

https://fb.watch/k17wAMn75I/?mibextid=q5o4bk
"Coming soon to Kitchener!" ought to say "When it's done!" haha.
(04-19-2023, 12:00 AM)Ellensparky Wrote: Their page to register for the building is live now.

https://www.drewloholdings.com/comingsoon/vertikal

I love it how everyone is so akkurate with their spelling of things these days. It's so enkouraging. No more word trikcs....

(04-30-2023, 11:40 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(04-19-2023, 12:00 AM)Ellensparky Wrote: Their page to register for the building is live now.

https://www.drewloholdings.com/comingsoon/vertikal

I love it how everyone is so akkurate with their spelling of things these days. It's so enkouraging. No more word trikcs....

That's true, but things like Oll Korrekt date back about 200 years, so it's not a new phenomenon.
Anyone been by this site lately?
(06-04-2023, 09:08 PM)Ellensparky Wrote: Anyone been by this site lately?

Slow and steady progress like usual, first tower is topped out they're just working on the mechanical penthouse, windows are in on the entire tower except for the last floor, on the King side it looks like some facade work has started. The Charles St podium is topped out, no windows in it yet, they've started working on the Cameron tower now and they're onto the third floor.
It's crazy that this broke ground in February-March of 2019 and they are still not even half way done.
(06-05-2023, 12:43 PM)ac3r Wrote: It's crazy that this broke ground in February-March of 2019 and they are still not even half way done.

They are by no means fast, but they did lose a year or so to COVID, too.
Half their fault, if I recall. The rules were that projects already at grade could continue because you can only catch SARS-CoV-2 that way I guess. Public health logic, eh? I recall reading that they were caught by the MoL working when they shouldn't be and then got a slap on the wrist for that which set them back.

I think we're overdue for a photo update:

Just another 5 years to go!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »