Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
I just went back and read the first two pages of this thread. It was a nice refresher and a few were already making the same comments on Drewlo in Feb 2016 when they bought this land from Fusion. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Is the rental market that bad? I thought there was barely any units available
(01-27-2023, 09:07 PM)Spokes Wrote: Is the rental market that bad?  I thought there was barely any units available

I don't think it's market related. It's Drewlo. They're not super motivated to get this project done fast. I also image there are supply issues.
(10-10-2022, 05:42 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Early-October photo update.

Barely any visible change in the last 4 months:
[Image: FZsxyiG.jpg]

[Image: 5R5IrOH.jpg]
Well there's snow on the ground at least. :'P
There was orange tarp on the right side upper floor a couple of weeks ago...
Why are they working at a snail's pace? Part and parcel with purpose built rentals?

(02-07-2023, 12:06 AM)jshamont Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 05:42 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Early-October photo update.

Barely any visible change in the last 4 months:

The photo angle is different but I think there are 3-4 additional floors, which is pretty much in keeping with their pace of one floor per month.
(02-08-2023, 02:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 12:06 AM)jshamont Wrote: Barely any visible change in the last 4 months:

The photo angle is different but I think there are 3-4 additional floors, which is pretty much in keeping with their pace of one floor per month.

They've also added a floor and a half to the Madison/Charles podium in the same time period. (They're working on what looks like the final podium floor currently.) They're onto the second last floor of the tower (18).
Any updates on this site? pics?
(03-29-2023, 11:22 PM)Ellensparky Wrote: Any updates on this site? pics?

The podium along Charles and Madison is mostly complete, they are just finishing the last bit of concrete work by the looks of it. The Madison and King tower is at what appears to be the last or second last floor before the mechanical penthouse. They have windows in half way up the tower, they've started putting what looks like a waterproofing membrane on the concrete on the King side where the retail is. It's really just a slow and steady project.
(03-30-2023, 10:07 AM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(03-29-2023, 11:22 PM)Ellensparky Wrote: Any updates on this site? pics?

The podium along Charles and Madison is mostly complete, they are just finishing the last bit of concrete work by the looks of it. The Madison and King tower is at what appears to be the last or second last floor before the mechanical penthouse. They have windows in half way up the tower, they've started putting what looks like a waterproofing membrane on the concrete on the King side where the retail is. It's really just a slow and steady project.

Thank you ☺️
This week all of the forms that Drewlo has been using to support the balconies on the tower have been coming down, from this it seems as if the tower is topped out with the exception of the mechanical penthouse. They have been taking the forms, still built, by truck to their property on Fallowfield which is where they appear to be staging materials and equipment for 599 Strasburg and this project. Last week they started up the tower crane on the Cameron side of the project for the first time in months and did what looked like tests on it and today they have primarily been using the Cameron tower crane so slow and steady progress like usual.

Their page to register for the building is live now.

https://www.drewloholdings.com/comingsoon/vertikal
Well, I guess the thread title can be updated now. Vertikal isn't very creative but oh well haha. It'll be nice to see more density this side of downtown.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »