Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
22 Frederick St redevelopment | Completed
Four painters on site today.  I'm hoping against hope that the slightly indented part of the north side of this building will be left as is or pointed a different colour.

Perhaps they can put some lights around the edges to make it a bit more interesting.  It could look something like the pic below, minus my lack of computer skills.

Please, please, please, do something other than the same grey paint in the recessed sections ....
Who wants to bet on the colour of the recessed area? I've got five bucks on "off-grey."
Chartreuse.
You saw it here first....

Coke
matches the Duke Street Parking Garage
(08-20-2019, 03:38 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: matches the Duke Street Parking Garage

That was my intent. Smile

Coke

Using chroma key green would also be helpful for any tv shows and movies shot here in the future.
It really livens up the building!
So it looks like the colour scheme will be dark gray and light gray.  It looks just like the render, unfortunately.   Still waiting to see what colour they will use on the north side of the building that still features the bricks.

Hah! Off-grey.... called it.
Am I the only one who thought the building looked fine as is?

I mean, aside from the new structure at the front this is a huge downgrade. Painted brick has always looked cheap to me and this is no exception. Not to mention what it will look like a few years down the road...
(08-29-2019, 11:10 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: Am I the only one who thought the building looked fine as is?

I mean, aside from the new structure at the front this is a huge downgrade. Painted brick has always looked cheap to me and this is no exception. Not to mention what it will look like a few years down the road...

I had no problem with the brown brick, which predominated in DTK buildings of the time.  Perhaps this is just a temporary thing in anticipation of a proper recladding in five or ten years?

(08-29-2019, 11:10 AM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: Am I the only one who thought the building looked fine as is?

Same here.
I thought the building looked great the way it was.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »