Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix Recommendations
+1 for Big Mouth!

+1 for Black Mirror (except the very 1st one.... Smile )

Coke

For the Big Mouth fans, I strongly recommend Sex Education. It is similar in explicitness and intelligence and honesty, but a little bit more bound to reality and a little bit more teen drama. In a lot of ways, it's like the kids are five years older and there's none of the fantastical elements. But there is Gillian Anderson!
Ok so I clearly have to watch it now.
I really like Friends From College but it seems to be a love it or hate it thing. It's a dramatic comedy with a well known cast and a lot of cringe moments.
Well my night is now planned. I just found a documentary about Fred Rogers on Netflix.
"Won't you be my neighbour?" is now on Netflix? Great documentary.
Honestly can't recommend the show Maniac enough. It's set in an alternate corporate dystonia 80's retro-futuristic NYC. It's got the sorrow, heart, and absurdity of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with the aesthetic of Alein or Robocop.

So well said about Manic!! I was hooked at the design aesthetic (brutalism, helvetica and 80’s concrete and white surfaces everywhere), characters (Dr. Azumi Fujita!!) and the music.
OMG I love maniac! I wanted more of it so bad.
My wife and I binged Russian Doll this weekend. It's only 8 22-minute episodes so it's very much like a 2.5 hour movie broken into explicit chapters. Great cast, solid story. It's a very Groundhog Day sort of thing (the protagonist relives the same day many times over) but with some interesting complications.
Of course, if you're thinking of moving into a condo, you should check out the KonMari show: Tidying up with Marie Kondo!
I started watching a show called "Dogs"..  Wow...  amazing stories of what dogs can do for people...
The documentary series "7 Days Out" is pretty interesting, if you're into logistics (which I suspect a lot of people on this board will be).

(01-31-2019, 01:07 AM)JoeKW Wrote: I really like Friends From College but it seems to be a love it or hate it thing.  It's a dramatic comedy with a well known cast and a lot of cringe moments.

I gave this one a try.  So far so good.
(02-04-2019, 02:51 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: My wife and I binged Russian Doll this weekend. It's only 8 22-minute episodes so it's very much like a 2.5 hour movie broken into explicit chapters. Great cast, solid story. It's a very Groundhog Day sort of thing (the protagonist relives the same day many times over) but with some interesting complications.

+1
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »