Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Poll: What yet to be started project are you most excited about?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Garment Street
7.41%
4 7.41%
87 Regina South
1.85%
1 1.85%
Young Condominiums
1.85%
1 1.85%
Station Park
31.48%
17 31.48%
Breithaupt Block Phase III
9.26%
5 9.26%
Drewlo Downtown Project
16.67%
9 16.67%
70 King North
3.70%
2 3.70%
Schneiders Site Redevelopment
14.81%
8 14.81%
185 King South
5.56%
3 5.56%
Other (write it in below)
7.41%
4 7.41%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What yet to be started project are you most excited about?
(02-11-2019, 06:22 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 06:15 PM)jeffster Wrote: Also missing is the "Google Tower" that's going to be built in DTK. Now that is going to be exciting, even though it's only going to be 850 feet tall.

Breithaupt Block Phase III is the new Google tower that's currently at LPAT, so it's on the list, though it's not going to be 850 ft tall. Unless there's some joke I'm missing?

I am hoping that if this rumour starts circulating, Google when get 'er done.

(02-11-2019, 02:15 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 12:21 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I have to say the Drewlo project because the East End so badly needs the help.

I'm struggling with my decision between a few projects.  Had I voted for the Drewlo project it'd be for that reason.  I think it's going to set off a wave of momentum around that end of DTK

This is my vote but I'm a little biased since I live very close to it.
There's a mid-rise rental apartment building to be built next to the cemetery on Victoria South, near Westmount. It's a good height, and one day I hope all of Victoria through there will be similarly-scaled buildings along a future Ion line. It's not mixed-use, but the lot is not right at the corner of Westmount, either- it's quite mid-block, actually, but a short walk from the eventual high-frequency bus line on Westmount and LRT on Victoria.

Those thoughts are exciting to me.

I voted Station Park because it is exciting and I think has potential to be surprising. It's a big parcel, out of the way of existing developments of the scale that's been suggested. A lot of different things could happen.
(02-12-2019, 08:18 AM)MidTowner Wrote: There's a mid-rise rental apartment building to be built next to the cemetery on Victoria South, near Westmount. It's a good height, and one day I hope all of Victoria through there will be similarly-scaled buildings along a future Ion line. It's not mixed-use, but the lot is not right at the corner of Westmount, either- it's quite mid-block, actually, but a short walk from the eventual high-frequency bus line on Westmount and LRT on Victoria.

Those thoughts are exciting to me.

I voted Station Park because it is exciting and I think has potential to be surprising. It's a big parcel, out of the way of existing developments of the scale that's been suggested. A lot of different things could happen.
Is there a render of the proposal?
I don't think so. It was at council last meeting I think
I'm a little surprised Station Park is leading the way here.
(02-26-2019, 03:11 PM)Spokes Wrote: I'm a little surprised Station Park is leading the way here.

How come?  It's a really big unknown in a pretty central location.  I can't wait for the red sheet to be removed.  Oh wait that happened already...  Maybe it's a blue sheet this time.

(02-26-2019, 03:54 PM)mastermind Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 03:11 PM)Spokes Wrote: I'm a little surprised Station Park is leading the way here.

How come?  It's a really big unknown in a pretty central location.  I can't wait for the red sheet to be removed.  Oh wait that happened already...  Maybe it's a blue sheet this time.

Exactly that.  I thought a lot of the excitement had died down with the uncertainty and the developer change.
I'm actually increasingly excited by the developments in the market district: Drewlo, BT condo/supermarket and Vive's Market Flats. This area has been languishing for decades, and it is suddenly being revitalized -- by the LRT, most likely. There is still much intensification opportunity here and a little further (Kitchener) east.
It's easy to get excited about those because they're so needed
Here's a interesting article : https://www.therecord.com/news-story/920...ding-boom/ Wonder which 2 developments are missing from the map? I count 16.
(03-06-2019, 02:49 PM)Square Wrote: Here's a interesting article : https://www.therecord.com/news-story/920...ding-boom/   Wonder which 2 developments are missing from the map?  I count 16.

The Manulife building on Charles/Francis?
Was mentioned elsewhere that the Charles/Francis permit was cancelled. One that I think was missed was the old Bell building on Ontario street and the American block??

Cancelled??? What??
(03-11-2019, 10:52 PM)Spokes Wrote: Cancelled??? What??

Was posted in the Manulife thread.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »