Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lot42
I could see that something was happening on Ardelt Ave from the expressway but I had no idea what they were doing until today.  The Record mentioned it in their story about Oktoberfest.

Lot42 - Global Flex Campus looks very interesting.  Grand opening on October 21.

(08-19-2017, 12:42 PM)jgsz Wrote: I could see that something was happening on Ardelt Ave from the expressway but I had no idea what they were doing until today.  The Record mentioned it in their story about Oktoberfest.

Lot42 - Global Flex Campus looks very interesting.  Grand opening on October 21.

I think it's the same as Lot 41..unsure if it's simply a name change or what:

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/676...rial-park/

I am sure it's the same place....but that signage for Lot42 has been there for a while now. Looks a lot better than it did a year ago.
(08-19-2017, 04:58 PM)jeffster Wrote: I think it's the same as Lot 41..unsure if it's simply a name change or what:

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/676...rial-park/

I am sure it's the same place....but that signage for Lot42 has been there for a while now. Looks a lot better than it did a year ago.

Yes, it looks like the same place.   And it looks like it will be an interesting venue.  But I'm not too enthused that they're still having a Miss Oktoberfest there, or anywhere.
It made a fabulous venue a few years back for the Box 13 art show.

Re Miss Oktoberfest, can't disagree.
So Lot 42 is no longer going to be a tech incubator?

https://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news-story/...this-fall/
Open Sky (https://www.openskyventures.ca) is on the property at present. They changed from Open Sky Incubator to Open Sky Ventures in August, so their focus is a little different but from the copy on their site, they're part of the Lot 42 campus, but the larger facility is going to be an event venue.
The Athlete Factory is also part of Lot42.  I'm curious to see what else pops up on this 17 acre site.

I get the impression there is just a bunch of different ventures all on the same property
RIP Lot42. The party was nice while it lasted.

Welcome Inject Tech Plastics and an expansion of local manufacturing.

From an Indeed job ad:

Quote:The IT Group/MoldCo is pleased to announce the opening of Inject Tech Plastics (ITP), our new 61,000 square foot production facility in Kitchener, Ontario.

This state of the art facility will allow us to offer our new and existing customers an expanded range of injection molding equipment, with presses ranging in tonnage from 28 to 2500 ton, along with new automation equipment to handle your extended run or touch sensitive requirements. The majority of our existing MoldCo staff join a team of new hires at ITP to ensure continuity in the transition of your existing programs from MoldCo to the new facility. In addition, with our expanded capacity, we are in a stronger position to support your new business requirements.

We look forward to our continued partnership as we transition from MoldCo to Inject Tech Plastics.

For those following this at home, here is what I found:

- Windsor-based Injection Technologies Holdings LLP (ITH) acquires Kitchener-based MoldCo Inc (MCI) from the "Cluthe family with roots extending back 50+ years" sometime in the last year or so. "While wishing the Cluthe family best of luck in their new paths in life, MCI will continue to provide excellent service to its customers and will continue to build on these relationships."
- Onward Cluthé Hardware Products (aka Onward Plastics) is another Kitchener company with ties to Broil King and local manufacturing as far back as 1906
- MoldCo had been in business since 1967, "servicing a wide variety of markets, including Healthcare, Electronics, Pharmaceutical, Commercial/Industrial and Residential Furniture, Automotive, Military, Sporting Goods, Telecom and more." (LinkedIn Profile)

Onward Cluthé does not appear to be connected to the ITH.

[Image: 3aae685bc7a6ad8929d4d385f5edc1c6]

[Image: 6b89a452ee53f20d4ef930d5cd9ccfdb]

[Image: d3d01ed2b0b1a8c32f18a859dd0cfc63]

[Image: e5de0f5366be8c2b6f2372dd61dd5032]
(05-27-2021, 12:08 AM)nms Wrote: RIP Lot42. The party was nice while it lasted.

Welcome Inject Tech Plastics and an expansion of local manufacturing.

From an Indeed job ad:

Quote:The IT Group/MoldCo is pleased to announce the opening of Inject Tech Plastics (ITP), our new 61,000 square foot production facility in Kitchener, Ontario.

This state of the art facility will allow us to offer our new and existing customers an expanded range of injection molding equipment, with presses ranging in tonnage from 28 to 2500 ton, along with new automation equipment to handle your extended run or touch sensitive requirements. The majority of our existing MoldCo staff join a team of new hires at ITP to ensure continuity in the transition of your existing programs from MoldCo to the new facility. In addition, with our expanded capacity, we are in a stronger position to support your new business requirements.

We look forward to our continued partnership as we transition from MoldCo to Inject Tech Plastics.

For those following this at home, here is what I found:

- Windsor-based Injection Technologies Holdings LLP (ITH) acquires Kitchener-based MoldCo Inc (MCI) from the "Cluthe family with roots extending back 50+ years" sometime in the last year or so. "While wishing the Cluthe family best of luck in their new paths in life, MCI will continue to provide excellent service to its customers and will continue to build on these relationships."
- Onward Cluthé Hardware Products (aka Onward Plastics) is another Kitchener company with ties to Broil King and local manufacturing as far back as 1906
- MoldCo had been in business since 1967, "servicing a wide variety of markets, including Healthcare, Electronics, Pharmaceutical, Commercial/Industrial and Residential Furniture, Automotive, Military, Sporting Goods, Telecom and more." (LinkedIn Profile)

Onward Cluthé does not appear to be connected to the ITH.

[Image: 3aae685bc7a6ad8929d4d385f5edc1c6]

[Image: 6b89a452ee53f20d4ef930d5cd9ccfdb]

[Image: d3d01ed2b0b1a8c32f18a859dd0cfc63]

[Image: e5de0f5366be8c2b6f2372dd61dd5032]

Wow, they sure moved in fast!
And they kept the Mirrors of Babel! This is the classiest injection molding plant I've ever seen. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »