Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1425 Block Line Rd | 12 & 8 fl | U/C
(08-19-2019, 01:49 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 04:16 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Can someone take a nice photo of the sign since there appear to be no renders online?
There is a link to a render in the first post of this thread.

Thanks -- I had not spotted that. Have added the image to the first post now.

(08-19-2019, 02:31 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 01:49 PM)Acitta Wrote: There is a link to a render in the first post of this thread.

Thanks -- I had not spotted that. Have added the image to the first post now.
It is not showing.
Hmmm? Which browser? Have checked Chrome, Edge and Firefox, plus Chrome on iOS, and it shows on all of them for me.
(08-20-2019, 09:28 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Hmmm? Which browser? Have checked Chrome, Edge and Firefox, plus Chrome on iOS, and it shows on all of them for me.
Firefox on Linux. It could be one of my ad-blockers causing a problem. I just checked Chrome and it shows OK. I also have a problem with embedded Twitter links not showing.
(08-20-2019, 03:53 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 09:28 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Hmmm? Which browser? Have checked Chrome, Edge and Firefox, plus Chrome on iOS, and it shows on all of them for me.
Firefox on Linux. It could be one of my ad-blockers causing a problem. I just checked Chrome and it shows OK. I also have a problem with embedded Twitter links not showing.

Sounds like do-not-track protection. I have it on and then open Chrome for any Twitter links.
I normally browse here with Safari on OS X with much less do-not-track stuff going on, and the image is visible. I tried with Firefox (also on OS X) with all the built-in do-not-track stuff enabled and I am also unable to see the image.
(08-20-2019, 04:16 PM)plam Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 03:53 PM)Acitta Wrote: Firefox on Linux. It could be one of my ad-blockers causing a problem. I just checked Chrome and it shows OK. I also have a problem with embedded Twitter links not showing.

Sounds like do-not-track protection. I have it on and then open Chrome for any Twitter links.

Right. It's an image from Twitter so likely the same behaviour.

Crane is going up
(08-27-2019, 11:45 AM)white_brian Wrote: Crane is going up

It’s getting difficult to keep track of the number of cranes in KW.
It's so interesting watching that area of the city grow, as there used to be nothing in that area not too long ago (though I suppose if you're 20 years old, your opinion would differ).
(07-15-2019, 03:48 PM)Anyone know who is doing the mechanical work on this project? Wrote:
Homer Watson and Block Line Project
1425 Block Line Rd, Kitchener, ON N2C 0A4 (Approx)
No Website 
Northview REIT (https://www.northviewreit.com/)
Construction: Melloul-Blamey Construction (https://twitter.com/Melloul_Blamey/statu...0863149056)

[Image: D8ZBakLV4AA6YOi.jpg:large]
I think I saw JMR trucks there last week, and the signs on the fence say Stecho Electrical so JMR must be doing the mechanical portion.
They have the first part of the raft slab done. But not poured.

Huge concrete pour happened today on site
(09-28-2019, 04:17 PM)razzie13 Wrote: Huge concrete pour happened today on site

HA! I just responded about that in the Drewlo thread. I don't think I've seen anything quite like this pour before, it was massive. I'm hoping someone somewhere took a picture -- it looked like a giant robotic spider when coming southbound on Homer Watson.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »