Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1425 Block Line Rd | 12 & 8 fl | U/C
Most of the precast is done in the basement of the first building. They are working away starting the raft slab of the second building.

(11-18-2019, 04:28 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: Most of the precast is done in the basement of the first building. They are working away starting the raft slab of the second building.
the company that is supplying the precast is Stubbe's Precast. this company also did the precast for circa 1877 and 1 Colombia just to name a few. they brought a massive precast concrete beam in for something but i couldn't see where they placed it.
There above ground with the first building.
Windows are starting to go in on the first floor. The second buildings foundation is mostly done.
They're already on the fifth floor, with windows in on third.

Would appear that they are almost done the 7th floor

Floor 7 just needs the ceiling now....

The first building has topped out now and the foundation for the second building is mostly complete, I'll add a picture once I go by again
Drove by today and thought the building looked pretty good. Nice colour scheme and glass. Obviously nothing special but a decent suburban/infill project.
(07-28-2020, 01:47 PM)Bjays93 Wrote: Drove by today and thought the building looked pretty good. Nice colour scheme and glass. Obviously nothing special but a decent suburban/infill project.

I agree.  In my opinion it's not an exciting project but it looks alright and will house a couple hundred more people and their cars.
heres a picture of the building from Courtland, it looks fairly good and has nice looking glass, its a decent infill project and at least looks good compared to the buildings on fallowfield

It looks like the tower crane is coming down today.

And now it is back up!! Next to the rear building...
Most of the glass is in the building facing Blockline all thats missing is a few glass doors, they have what appears to be planters around the entrance to the front building also complete. They are also working on the final floor of the rear building (8th). the underground parking garage which spans the entire site is full covered and the entrance is complete. The surface parking also appears to be complete in some form as the workers are parking on it. I didn't get a picture when I was going by but I'll try next time I'm by.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »