Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakfast Favourites
Good morning everyone,

I am looking for interesting and unique restaurant suggestions please.  Everyone here always has great ideas that I had never considered before or was even aware of.  I am looking to take my 8 and 10 year old daughters so if you provide ideas could you please add if it is kid friendly.

Perhaps we could identify the uniquness of the restaurant like: vegan, a particular specialty, best eggs Benedict etc.

Looking forward to your ideas

Thanks

I don't know that I'd call it "unique", but I find that the Darlisle Cafe on Queen St serves a very solid breakfast, with quite a range of selections.

One I've long wanted to try, but haven't had the chance, is the Barristers Lounge in the Walper Hotel.  Perhaps not "kid friendly", but I wonder if anybody has checked it out?

Not my style at all, but I know that the Yeti Cafe has its fans. (and it would be, at least, "hipster kid" friendly (lol) )
(10-27-2019, 09:46 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I am looking for interesting and unique restaurant suggestions please.  Everyone here always has great ideas that I had never considered before or was even aware of.  I am looking to take my 8 and 10 year old daughters so if you provide ideas could you please add if it is kid friendly.

How adventurous eaters are your daughters?
If you want something unique, check out Nanaz Kitcnen in north Waterloo.  If you want something more traditional, there’s Jimmy’s Lunch on Victoria North or Wimpy’s Diner on Weber East.
(10-27-2019, 12:52 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 09:46 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I am looking for interesting and unique restaurant suggestions please.  Everyone here always has great ideas that I had never considered before or was even aware of.  I am looking to take my 8 and 10 year old daughters so if you provide ideas could you please add if it is kid friendly.

How adventurous eaters are your daughters?
Very...
(10-27-2019, 01:11 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 12:52 PM)tomh009 Wrote: How adventurous eaters are your daughters?
Very...

All right, then ... how about:
  1. Arabesque
  2. Teremok
  3. Breakfast Blues
(10-27-2019, 09:46 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Good morning everyone,

I am looking for interesting and unique restaurant suggestions please.  Everyone here always has great ideas that I had never considered before or was even aware of.  I am looking to take my 8 and 10 year old daughters so if you provide ideas could you please add if it is kid friendly.

Perhaps we could identify the uniquness of the restaurant like: vegan, a particular specialty, best eggs Benedict etc.

Looking forward to your ideas

Thanks

While I never have been there, Old King Bistro on King St E in Kitchener has very good reviews.

I like love Fireside for there veggie melt. -- since you mentioned vegan. It does have cheese, so perhaps that take away the vegan a bit?

I have been to Sunset Grill a couple times and found it fairly good. One of the few joints in town that offer real maple syrup.

For something quick, A&W still has the best breakfast of the fast food joints.

Do any of the Salvadoran/Latin American places in town offer breakfast?
(10-27-2019, 01:53 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 01:11 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Very...

All right, then ... how about:
  1. Arabesque
  2. Teremok
  3. Breakfast Blues
We actually went to Breafast Blues and Bbqs  it was awesome.  We all agreed we will go back   thank you for the suggestions  we will look at them all  and hopefully try them all
(10-27-2019, 06:50 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Do any of the Salvadoran/Latin American places in town offer breakfast?

Alas, I don't think so. That thought crossed my mind, too!
(10-27-2019, 09:59 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I don't know that I'd call it "unique", but I find that the Darlisle Cafe on Queen St serves a very solid breakfast, with quite a range of selections.

One I've long wanted to try, but haven't had the chance, is the Barristers Lounge in the Walper Hotel.  Perhaps not "kid friendly", but I wonder if anybody has checked it out?

Not my style at all, but I know that the Yeti Cafe has its fans. (and it would be, at least, "hipster kid" friendly (lol) )

Darlise is amazing! Get the eggs benedict. Perfectly poached eggs every time and they actually make the hollandaise sauce, no powdered or bottled sauce.
(10-28-2019, 06:26 AM)BruceAshe Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 09:59 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I don't know that I'd call it "unique", but I find that the Darlisle Cafe on Queen St serves a very solid breakfast, with quite a range of selections.

Darlise is amazing! Get the eggs benedict. Perfectly poached eggs every time and they actually make the hollandaise sauce, no powdered or bottled sauce.
I agree,  however, I just tried Breakfast Blues and BBQs, gotta say, there hollandaise sauce is amazing.  I didnt ask if they make it but I am thinking they do based on the quality..
When I still worked downtown I was a big fan of the Yeti, particularly their breakfast sandwiches (BOB, Pregnant Cowgirl, etc).

I agree in A&W for a fast food breakfast.

I personally really like Korner Kitchen on Victoria St. Sounds like I really need to try Breakfast Blues....

Coke
Both Fireside and Mel's Diner have delicious breakfast with a large variety to choose from, They both also have a large amount of Milkshake flavours to choose from, the classics and unique flavours Mel's even has Grape. I am making it a goal to try every unique flavour. I know milkshakes probably aren't a typical thing to have with Breakfast but I enjoy them LOL.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »