Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Poll: Which current project will look best when complete?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
One Hundred
2.27%
1 2.27%
Circa
2.27%
1 2.27%
Duke Tower Kitchener
6.82%
3 6.82%
Garment Street
20.45%
9 20.45%
Charlie West
25.00%
11 25.00%
Young Condos
2.27%
1 2.27%
Station Park
18.18%
8 18.18%
Strata
6.82%
3 6.82%
345 King West
2.27%
1 2.27%
The Breithaupt Block Phase III
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which current project will look best when complete?
Which current project will look best WHEN COMPLETE?
Given the number of projects on the go right now, there's been some discussion as to what's going to be the true show stopper.  So here we go, let the battle begin.  I hope I didn't miss any.  And I'm limited to 10 choices so that impacts things.

Feel free to add any write in options too
I think I am going to like the look of the garment st condos with the office in front. I really hope it is a stepping stone to developing bramm st yard parking lot. As long as they connect to bramm st, Arthur st, and Joseph street. I also hope they include a public square or urban park in the development. I know it is probably a decade or more away from happening.
I have hopes for the new Mayfair building.  None of the new towers are awful (Duke Tower is borderline, imo), and the Breithaupt Block #3 may be quite nice, but none of them are really anything to write home about, if we're being honest.
Garment St area as a whole should be great. Station Park, maybe, but it's not really clear to me yet what it will be when it's finally done.
I am going to be bold, I am hoping that leadership will prevail and that the Transit station as a whole with whatever comes with it will be good.
I have to say charlie west. While I think station park could turn out nice. It's just unclear what the vision for that project is yet

Station Park. Let's just say the details of what they'll be doing is going to be really, really incredible for this city. The later phases will have very nice buildings.
(11-30-2019, 04:33 PM)ac3r Wrote: Station Park. Let's just say the details of what they'll be doing is going to be really, really incredible for this city. The later phases will have very nice buildings.

Nice. What time frame should we expect for the release of the later phases?
(11-30-2019, 04:33 PM)ac3r Wrote: Station Park. Let's just say the details of what they'll be doing is going to be really, really incredible for this city. The later phases will have very nice buildings.

Sounds promising ... but at least without insider information, I feel once bitten, twice shy.
The guy votes based on insider information. Great Wink
At least we heard it here first though !!!

They better be a LOT better than what they're proposing now...

Station Park so far has been a lot of fanfare, boosted by the brokerage and money sunk into marketing/showroom and blast into GTA. The location is undoubtedly primo and you hope it can come together magnificently in the end but who knows.

I feel like the original renderings were deemed too zealous but that double story 'shopping mall/outdoor strip' would have been really cool. I feel like they toned it way down to the black they have planned now - a little futuristic, contemporary. There aren't a lot of for purchase developments I can think of in the Region that have some shopping/resto just below, so that in itself should be pretty cool still.
A dumb question, perhaps, but with train numbers increasing, is train noise likely to be much of an issue for "east" facing apartments?  I recall that there were some complaints about GO trains idling, although that seems to have faded as an issue.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »