Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Junction | 37 & 33 fl | Proposed
(06-18-2020, 09:20 PM)Momo26 Wrote: What's the scene with this development?

Just a concept at the moment, no?

(02-28-2020, 08:40 AM)mastermind Wrote: There's a second 'for sale' sign from a different realtor on the section of the site that has the three towers.

The for sale sign on Charles Street has a SOLD sign on it.
(12-05-2020, 10:43 PM)Square Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 08:40 AM)mastermind Wrote: There's a second 'for sale' sign from a different realtor on the section of the site that has the three towers.

So, did Perimeter do the concepts just so that they could find a good buyer for the property?
(12-06-2020, 01:59 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 10:43 PM)Square Wrote: The for sale sign on Charles Street has a SOLD sign on it.

So, did Perimeter do the concepts just so that they could find a good buyer for the property?
If you don’t get the property “upzoned”, does it make any difference?
(12-06-2020, 05:32 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 01:59 PM)tomh009 Wrote: So, did Perimeter do the concepts just so that they could find a good buyer for the property?

If you don’t get the property “upzoned”, does it make any difference?

Marketing materials ...
(12-05-2020, 10:43 PM)Square Wrote:

The for sale sign on the King Street side has a SOLD on it as well.
So this is happening ?

If the site has been sold, I'd assume that it is not happening.
This is the stretch of downtown that desperately needs an injection of money/development. It will bridge DTK (And abundance of dev) to the Sneiders' site.
(12-07-2020, 11:38 AM)panamaniac Wrote: If the site has been sold, I'd assume that it is not happening.

Not with the same developer, and probably not with the same design.

But, if the buyer saw sufficient value in the property to buy it, they will surely have a plan to develop it. Design and timing, of course, are TBD.
(12-07-2020, 04:06 PM)Momo26 Wrote: This is the stretch of downtown that desperately needs an injection of money/development. It will bridge DTK (And abundance of dev) to the Sneiders' site.

We will see a lot of development happening around here in the coming years. When they approved Rockway PARTS, that ushered in a new plan of development for this area. Everything 800m from Mill and Borden Station will slowly transform. Of course, it'll all be dictated by demand and development interests, but this is one end of the urban core that the city is intending to focus on. Density and zoning will all change for the better.
(12-07-2020, 11:38 AM)panamaniac Wrote: If the site has been sold, I'd assume that it is not happening.
To be fair, it at one point had a "under contract" sign on it for months that got broken off. 

Since it's "sold" now I'd assume that means the deal was firmed up, no? I'm not a realtor though so I may be out to lunch.
(12-07-2020, 04:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote:

Not with the same developer, and probably not with the same design.

But, if the buyer saw sufficient value in the property to buy it, they will surely have a plan to develop it. Design and timing, of course, are TBD.
 In the normal world,yes, but the Kitchener core has such a long history of landowners sitting on their properties that I’ll hold off getting too excited until we see something specific.

(12-07-2020, 05:56 PM)DK519 Wrote:
To be fair, it at one point had a "under contract" sign on it for months that got broken off. 

Since it's "sold" now I'd assume that means the deal was firmed up, no? I'm not a realtor though so I may be out to lunch.
I had assumed Perimeter already owned it.  Perhaps I’m mistaken.
(12-07-2020, 06:01 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 04:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Not with the same developer, and probably not with the same design.

In the normal world,yes, but the Kitchener core has such a long history of landowners sitting on their properties that I’ll hold off getting too excited until we see something specific.

No, I won't hold my breath. But I'm cautiously optimistic: this land will have cost a bundle so the developer is probably not intending to sit on it for a decade or four.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »