Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick and Lancaster | 10fl | Proposed
(01-31-2020, 11:49 PM)Square Wrote: I'm wondering how 250 Frederick ever got approved.  https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4548345,-...m2!1e4!1e1

Agreed!

(01-31-2020, 12:37 AM)Alt-girl Wrote: The current Rome building and its garage are being kept. They are the darker buildings at the bottom of the overhead drawing. The whole development is to the east of the old heritage house. The old buildings just isn't shown on the building depiction drawings. 

The "road widening assumed" is where they aren't building as it would be used to widen Lancaster street. However, I don't get how Lancaster street could ever be widened as there is no room to widen other then literally the section of Lancaster shown on that drawing.

Ahh, okay. I thought the cars in the drawings were in the existing driveway for Rome and the part next to them was the Suddaby yard. Now I see how the existing Rome building fits in. 

I also don't see how Lancaster could be widen much. If it was possible to widen it, it seems like that would have been discussed a long time ago since there have been complaints about Lancaster for awhile.
(01-30-2020, 11:23 PM)westwardloo Wrote: Not sure if a thread has been started yet for this. Figure one should be started as it is officially going ahead. I have a few preliminary photos and site plan. More will be presented on February 10th meeting. 

What meeting is this?
(02-03-2020, 02:32 PM)GtwoK Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 11:23 PM)westwardloo Wrote: Not sure if a thread has been started yet for this. Figure one should be started as it is officially going ahead. I have a few preliminary photos and site plan. More will be presented on February 10th meeting. 

What meeting is this?

They don't need a zoning amendment right?
(02-04-2020, 11:36 AM)Spokes Wrote: They don't need a zoning amendment right?

Minor variances only, iinm.
So the NIMBYs could have an argument to make

The planning department has already approved the minor variances. This meeting is just to keep the neighborhood informed about the development. Good will by the city/ developer.
(02-04-2020, 07:13 PM)Spokes Wrote: So the NIMBYs could have an argument to make

Well, they always have arguments to make - that's what makes them NIMBYs ....
Will the boards / drawings be posted after the meeting?
(02-05-2020, 12:49 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Will the boards / drawings be posted after the meeting?
I assume that is the idea of the meeting. I expect it will be a mix of people in favor of the development interested in seeing more material and people opposed to the development that want to complain to the city planners running the meeting.
Oh, I'm sure that there will be more people there favouring the development than there are those opposed .... Smile

Sorry for the quality took them on my phone from presentation boards.

I like the looks of the render.  I think it will blend in well with the neighborhood.
I really like it! Good addition!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »