Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hush Collection - Fergus Avenue (former Emmanuel Bible College property)
https://www.thehushcollection.ca/

I previously posted a picture in General Suburban Updates and Rumours.

I would have preferred something more contemporary looking, like the Pano Towns. But it's good to see more redevelopment in this area.
Acitta Wrote:https://www.thehushcollection.ca/

Why are two sheets of plywood painted blue? 

Just being curious,
Coke
(03-17-2020, 02:32 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
Acitta Wrote:https://www.thehushcollection.ca/

Why are two sheets of plywood painted blue? 

Just being curious,
Coke
I don't know. Wood treated for fire resistance or resistance to rotting is often blue but the usage here seems rather arbitrary.
Chances are they are the top sheets of a stack, mills off paint the exposed side of a lift to protect it during transport and storage.
I walked by this place yesterday and was surprised at how contemporary it looks. Quite the change over the dreary bible school. The midrise apartment building in particular is quite distinct and even the townhouses look very new. Here's a rendering of the apartment:

[Image: WLCtbCC.jpg]
Good size for that location

Pic from today.

Update: resized image.

Attached Files Image(s)

What are people’s thoughts on the location of these condos ‘flats’ and towns? Being pitched as lux..
(03-15-2021, 02:02 AM)Momo26 Wrote: What are people’s thoughts on the location of these condos ‘flats’ and towns? Being pitched as lux..

Isn't every new build pitched as lux these days?  I don't think I've seen a new sign that doesn't say "luxury condos" or "luxury apartments" in years.
Lux in marketing-speak means running water ....
I don’t think they have all been pitched that way tbh...Lux aside, what do you think about the location?
I think it's a good location for what it is. It's not too big so it suits the neighbourhood, which is mostly old low rise semi-detached and townhouses.

I'm wondering whether traffic will get worse with Elevate Condos now under construction just 200 meters away. Both Hush Collection and Elevate Condos will add a lot of housing units right here. Fergus and Thaler are already pretty busy with car traffic because it is used as a shortcut to go between Weber and River.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »