Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer Watson Business Park. (Formerly JDP Business & Technology Park)
Rouse Realty Advisors Inc

Ahh yes, nothing like an iconic name... "JDP Business and Technology Park."

Also IKEA, take some notes please.
Lens Wrote:Also IKEA, take some notes please.

No highway frontage.... isn't that a requirement for them?

Coke
Perimeter Development Corp. acquires part of long-dormant Budd industrial site

Frustratingly the article doesn't specify which part. It's 15 hectares of 32 total.
(04-26-2021, 06:28 PM)KevinL Wrote: Perimeter Development Corp. acquires part of long-dormant Budd industrial site

Frustratingly the article doesn't specify which part. It's 15 hectares of 32 total.
Referencing the picture I posted here last year, the two largest parcels don't quite add up to the amount stated in the article. (30.977 acres or 12.535947 hectares). The article states that they only acquired two parcels and that the medical office was still happening. Block 5 and blocks 8, 9 and 10 add up to almost 15 hectares.
Anyone have any inside info on who will be moving into this area?

My work will be and last I heard all the land has been sold now.
Today's e-G&M has a good piece on what's coming to the site. Good news!

(07-27-2021, 10:06 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Today's e-G&M has a good piece on what's coming to the site.  Good news!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business...pares-for/
(07-27-2021, 10:06 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Today's e-G&M has a good piece on what's coming to the site.  Good news!

Excellent news, absolutely best use for that land, and it makes sense. We need more employment land that will produce good paying jobs.
I wonder, is this an expansion for Krug or are they planning to move from the downtown factory?
(07-27-2021, 02:51 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I wonder, is this an expansion for Krug or are they planning to move from the downtown factory?

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully a local outlet will pick up the story and add that detail.
(07-28-2021, 09:55 AM)Chris Wrote:
(07-27-2021, 02:51 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I wonder, is this an expansion for Krug or are they planning to move from the downtown factory?

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully a local outlet will pick up the story and add that detail.

If it's a good news story, don't count on seeing anything.
"At Krug, the future park’s next-door neighbour, recruiting skilled workers also figured into its decision on where to consolidate currently scattered operations and allow for expansion."

(07-28-2021, 12:06 PM)Acitta Wrote:

"At Krug, the future park’s next-door neighbour, recruiting skilled workers also figured into its decision on where to consolidate currently scattered operations and allow for expansion."

And their current location, at Ahrens St E and Breithaupt St, will provide premium space for tech companies.
Krug also currently has a factory on Manitou, likely they are consolidating their operations into one larger facility.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »