Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Q Condos (20 Queen St N) | 34 fl | Proposed
There's still parking lots downtown, we don't need to knock down everything to build more housing. I can also conceive of a way or two that this building could be open to public use and additional housing could be built on top of it. It wouldn't make the developer as much money doing that though so fuck it I guess.

(06-09-2022, 10:07 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The idea that heritage stops being heritage because it’s not open to the public seems strange to me.   

By the same token, then, (home) interior renovations in any heritage district should be subject to heritage committee review and approval. Is that really what we'd want?

If you have an antique clock, or a car, or a gold coin, or just about anything else, you are able to do whatever you want with it. Buildings have been treated differently as they are visible to everyone else. But are building interiors equally important? And, if so, which building interiors?
Approved?
(06-21-2022, 09:48 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Approved?

Yes  Big Grin
Article regarding the approval of the permits to partially demolished and then construct the tower

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fww...tions.html
Hopefully this starts soon
Maybe I missed it but assuming they sold enough to start the project correct?

(02-10-2023, 11:46 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Maybe I missed it but assuming they sold enough to start the project correct?

That's what I heard! Buddy works for an excavation co and is starting in a few weeks
That’s good to hear. A record article on Sept said they hadn’t sold anything since June lol. Wouldn’t they need to do extensive work on the heritage building before digging anything? Haven’t been by in a while, not sure if any work has been done, no permits have been issues for anything
I'm surprised if they sold 70 to 80% before Jun. I think sales launched in like Apr at start of downturn?

If so let's go!
(02-11-2023, 04:35 PM)KaiserWilhelmsBust Wrote:
(02-10-2023, 11:46 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Maybe I missed it but assuming they sold enough to start the project correct?

That's what I heard! Buddy works for an excavation co and is starting in a few weeks

Saw a sales sign for this on Park street today:
[Image: nGSKQYs.jpg]
(04-21-2023, 05:12 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 04:35 PM)KaiserWilhelmsBust Wrote: That's what I heard! Buddy works for an excavation co and is starting in a few weeks

Saw a sales sign for this on Park street today:
[Image: nGSKQYs.jpg]
https://www.lifeonq.ca/
Has anyone been by here recently? I heard they sold well over 70% of the units. No permits yet for partial demolition of the heritage building

(08-21-2023, 03:50 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: Has anyone been by here recently? I heard they sold well over 70% of the units. No permits yet for partial demolition of the heritage building

Nothing visible going on at the site.
Looks like a realtor was having an open house for this project today. I wonder why this one didn't sell so easily.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »