Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
193 Water St S and 62 Highman Ave | 5x 15 fl | Proposed
(09-30-2022, 06:59 PM)ac3r Wrote: Is Cambridge city council all right? They usually don't move this fast haha.

Our version of Debbie Chapman is running for mayor and is looking like a maybe, so this short run of “good news” might be truly short…
local cambridge weirdo

It's time for a delightful local journalism hit piece:

https://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story...-projects/

Quote:Three developments were rubber stamped by council including the most controversial in south Cambridge.
Things I don't agree with must be rubber stamped, obviously

Quote:“When this first came to us, I didn’t even want to send it to staff for a report and a recommendation because this developer had no intention of changing anything that they did, and all aspects of their proposal were egregious,” said Coun. Jan Liggett.
Do our councillors think they are architects or final arbiters of public design? Is this saying the quiet part out loud about how our process is just a mob shakedown by city council?

Quote:“It went against everything in our official plan and our bylaws, et cetera. When the consultant says that they considered the concerns, but they didn’t think that they were valid, I’ve got a real problem with that.”
When our plan and bylaws are oppressive and arbitrary, why would you expect developers to even bother with "consultation"? Are the concerns of assorted councillors automatically valid because they are elected?

Quote:It was noted should council not deal with the development it could go to the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT). It was feared the city could lose the 45 affordable units gained from the developer should they submit a new plan.

Liggett countered, “I hate being threatened with the OLT; don’t threaten me with that.”
Councillors get offended if anyone else tries to usurp their monopoly on threats.
local cambridge weirdo
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »