Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Victoria and Park | 25, 36, 38 fl | Proposed
(09-16-2022, 04:44 PM)Lebronj23 Wrote: As Tomh009 pointed out, this project has been appealed to the OLT

https://jus-olt-prod.powerappsportals.co...2248ae4c8f

Good, hope they Win

I imagine they will.

How long do these things usually take?
(09-18-2022, 11:57 AM)Spokes Wrote: How long do these things usually take?

I think it's really hard to say at this point. The majority of their decisions to date have been carryover cases from the OMB, most of the new OLT submissions are still in process. But I can't see a new cases (such as this one) getting to a decision within six months. Less than a year, maybe.
Disapointing, but understandable.
I got an email about some Case Management Conference that is something to do with the OLT proceedings. I guess I received it having submitted comments during one of the zoom meetings?
(11-09-2022, 12:03 PM)clasher Wrote: I got an email about some Case Management Conference that is something to do with the OLT proceedings. I guess I received it having submitted comments during one of the zoom meetings?

That or your proximity to the development (I got it too).
I got it as well. I figure with the new Ontario ‘Build more homes faster’ initiative this will pass through and be a breeze.

Ingot it as well. I believe i got it because I sent an email to the city supporting this project. I think some of you will revall when a number of us did the same
Second OTL hearing set for March 1st.

https://jus-olt-prod.powerappsportals.co...2248ae4c8f
Anyone know what the first hearing's decision was? the links on the OLT site don't work for me.
This needs to just get through and get on with building (barring something substantive that is unbeknown to us).

How does that rust/copper-esque color age over time (per post#1 renderings)?
Even if approved by the OTL, I can't imagine this thing is getting out of the ground any time soon. I assume construction won't start until they sell X%, and sales probably aren't happening in this housing market.

Oh well. NIMBYS win, they can keep their heritage abandoned corner store for years to come.
It'll be interesting to see if developers start dropping prices, or if they just sit on properties in hopes of a market rebound

A nice 30 to 35% drop in pre-con price would likely entice enough buyers to get this thing going. Apparently...people are sitting on 'piles and piles of money'...
I'll take one for 300K. Maybe they'll build me a closet.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »