Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
25 Sportsworld Crossing & 4220 King Street East | 18+14 fl | U/C
Tricar Group is proposing a two phase mixed use project at 25 Sportsworld Crossing & 4220 King Street East. The proposal consists of 3 towers built in two phases. Phase 1 includes two towers at 18 and 14 floors and Phase 2 contains 1 tower at 14 floors. The project will contain a total of 682 residential units, commercial units, 857 parking spaces, 269 bicycle parking spaces as well as indoor and outdoor amenity spaces. The architectural design is by Kasian Architecture and Interior Design.

[Image: MN7e2Sp.png]

[Image: UrmnU2n.png]

[Image: mhbc72I.png]

Supporting documents can be found on the City of Kitchener website: https://app2.kitchener.ca/AppDocs/OpenDa...644349.pdf

This is exciting, I hope it doesn't mean the end of Mandarin in Kitchener though.
Tricars first project in Waterloo Region I think?
I believe the building at Queen and Weber was built by Tricar.
Belmont Village Condos was also built by Tricar. 539 Belmont Ave W
https://maps.app.goo.gl/27rrWaVfPerKKWZs6
This is directly on the Phase 2 Ion station, naturally. Good to see more developments popping up for that.
I'm really interested to see what becomes of this area over the coming decade or two, once the Ion is built and if/when the new 401 EB-off & WB-on ramps are constructed. If this area were completely greenfield right now, then I'd guess that it would become completely residential. But considering it's mostly commercial as-is, I think there's a great opportunity to create a mixed-use node - connecting Kitchener with Preston and Hespler. Hopefully the city/Region can put together some sort of master plan for the area.

(02-13-2022, 01:53 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: This is exciting, I hope it doesn't mean the end of Mandarin in Kitchener though.

Unlikely the end, but one of the towers is proposed to go right where they restaurant is! I imagine they'll move, though, since Mandarin is well known.
The Mandarin should move into the Former Kings Buffet lol.
(02-13-2022, 07:15 PM)neonjoe Wrote: The Mandarin should move into the Former Kings Buffet lol.

Would the health and bug infractions come with the place, or cost extra?
Two towers at King Street and Sportsworld Drive in Kitchener will bring added traffic that the corner can’t handle, residents tell a city meeting

I have to agree with what was said in the article about the area being pedestrian and cyclist unfriendly. It is probably the most pedestrian and cyclist unfriendly area in the city, IMO.
(04-01-2022, 08:47 PM)Acitta Wrote: Two towers at King Street and Sportsworld Drive in Kitchener will bring added traffic that the corner can’t handle, residents tell a city meeting

I have to agree with what was said in the article about the area being pedestrian and cyclist unfriendly. It is probably the most pedestrian and cyclist unfriendly area in the city, IMO.

The irony being that it is essentially two small highways at that intersection, as residents complain about one development adding to that pile of traffic.
Three more towers planned for King Street in Kitchener’s Sportsworld area

Deer Ridge resident Ross Bauer says with at least 1,200 units in the two developments, traffic will be a nightmare on an already busy road

(04-09-2022, 09:01 PM)Acitta Wrote: Three more towers planned for King Street in Kitchener’s Sportsworld area

Deer Ridge resident Ross Bauer says with at least 1,200 units in the two developments, traffic will be a nightmare on an already busy road

Nimby: You can't build apartment buildings near our single family homes because: traffic.
Developer: OK, we will buld it in this commercial area far from the single family homes.
Nimby: No, you can't do that! Think of the traffic!
(04-09-2022, 09:01 PM)Acitta Wrote: Three more towers planned for King Street in Kitchener’s Sportsworld area

Part of me thinks this guy is also not a fan of the upcoming LRT stop, designed to solve the exact problem he  an entire article about. Surely he'd also support an increase in property tax to build a new bridge across the Grand!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »