Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
44 + 46 Mill Creek Road, 5 Liberty Dr | Proposed
Another relatively straightforward, but extremely valuable, medium density in-fill. Replacing 2 homes with 77 units in a very low density and forested spot of Cambridge. Close to the upcoming Elgin St MUT and the surprisingly usable Franklin Ave MUT and a lot of GRT bus activity. This is a low income neighbourhood that could certainly fit new higher density residents. The space seems quite small, but I'm way out of touch on this issue.

Link to Design Brief

Typical Floor Plans

Quote:The City of Cambridge has received development applications for Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment at 44 and 46 Millcreek Road and 5 Liberty Drive.

The proposed development is comprised of four (4) three storey stacked townhouse buildings. The row of stacked townhouses proposed near Mill Creek Road would contain

16 units, the row proposed near Liberty Drive would contains 21 units, and the two rows of stacked townhouses each contain 20 units, for a total of 77 units.

Parking is proposed to be accommodated through surface parking and garages. 1.35 parking spaces per units are proposed for a total of 104 parking spaces including 6 accessible parking spaces.

Additional amenity space is proposed on rooftop terraces. Each unit is proposed to include one rooftop terrace.

The purpose of the Official Plan Amendment is to permit a residential density of 89 units per hectare on the property whereas the current maximum density permitted is 40 units per hectare.

[Image: EKfjRKg.png]

[Image: fN3mvbD.png]
[size=1][Image: 8lUXpzy.png][/size]

[size=1][size=1][Image: HoHuw1M.png][/size][/size]
[size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: YDipPTD.png][/size][/size][/size]

I think that people making renders of buildings should have to get a licence because all these futuristic, blindingly bright scenes are a bit tiresome. This is Cambridge! Include a miserable grey filter on your renders!
[size=1][size=1][size=1]I th[/size][/size][/size]
local cambridge weirdo

Approved, but of course they reduced units from 77 to 70 and increased parking from 104 to 114 because fuck you I guess. The minimum parking in zoning is 88 and they still had a problem with it.

Oh, and there’s no sidewalks on this street and no plans to add them later.

https://www.cambridgetoday.ca/local-news...ct-6910208
local cambridge weirdo
(04-26-2023, 03:01 PM)bravado Wrote: Approved, but of course they reduced units from 77 to 70 and increased parking from 104 to 114 because fuck you I guess. 

1.3 spaces/unit seems excessive to me, but they insisted on 1.6? Ugh.
(04-26-2023, 03:01 PM)bravado Wrote: Approved, but of course they reduced units from 77 to 70 and increased parking from 104 to 114 because fuck you I guess. The minimum parking in zoning is 88 and they still had a problem with it.

The increased parking will keep Councilor Cooper happy. He is always complaining that there is not enough parking in new developments and that reduced parking will exclude people with multiple vehicles from being able to live there.
(04-30-2023, 05:33 PM)mgregorasz Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 03:01 PM)bravado Wrote: Approved, but of course they reduced units from 77 to 70 and increased parking from 104 to 114 because fuck you I guess. The minimum parking in zoning is 88 and they still had a problem with it.

The increased parking will keep Councilor Cooper happy. He is always complaining that there is not enough parking in new developments and that reduced parking will exclude people with multiple vehicles from being able to live there.

He's my councillor and continuously shames all of us:

Quote:“Where’s the mayor?” audience members shouted during a 45-minute speech by Adam Cooper of the organizing group Cambridge Neighbourhood Watch.

During that speech, Cooper laid out his view that the criminals and drug addicts in downtown Galt get more compassion from local leaders than the crime victims who are trying to live and do business there.

That was when a woman in the audience shouted a vulgar slur, a slang name for women’s genitalia, to describe McGarry.

The crowd, which numbered several hundred people, erupted in laughter and cheering at that.

And to his eternal disgrace, Cooper did not rebuke their response. Instead, he encouraged it. “That’s a good one,” he said.

https://archive.is/dyBHr
local cambridge weirdo
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »