Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Charles Place | 25, 32, 34, 36, 40, 46, and 46 fl | Proposed
This development is located in the block bound by Sydney, Charles and the old alignment of Delta St. It is municipally addressed as 669, 683, 687, 693, 697, 701 and 705 Charles St E, 48 Preston St, as well as 63 and 69 Sydney St S.

The development concept was first submitted to staff on October 18 2023, with additional submissions since then. The developer is only mentioned as "Rockway Holdings Limited", two names are mentioned in relation to the company one being Seth Jutzi who is a partner in Momentum, the other being Bill Seegmiller who is the President of Transit Petroleum which is one of the companies owned by E&E Seegmiller.

The general concept is expected to include residential, assisted living/LTC, hotel, commercial, office, institutional and community uses. The number of units is not mentioned in the documents nor is the number of parking spaces, however it doesn't seem like it will include all that many parking spaces as the documents mention that it is "anticipated to generate thousands of daily LRT ridership trips per day."

The developers have already completed an aeronautical assessment on the site however it didn't include anything to do with the existing AZR which this property is subject to so unless the Region amends it this could definitely end up getting a reduction in height, especially since 455-509 Mill was capped at 44 floors and its further from the airport then this.

The architect on the site plan and models is ABA, it certainly isn't anything to get excited about however they've included a covered walkway of sorts, similar to "The Well" in Toronto so it might be somewhat interesting.

Wow!!! Great find.
That crisscross 'atrium' feature is certainly unique, I do appreciate original touches.
And I appreciate architects who understand that some of us would like to be able to get places without getting rained on. Nice proposal! Now to see if it’s actually built anything like what’s in the drawings.
Where did you find this one? It's wild how much high-rise development is earmarked for that stretch of King/Weber between Stirling and Montgomery.
(Yesterday, 11:39 AM)SF22 Wrote: Where did you find this one? It's wild how much high-rise development is earmarked for that stretch of King/Weber between Stirling and Montgomery.

It's another one from the public submission documents for Growing Together, this one is by far the largest buried in there in terms of sheer scale, there are some others that are much larger in terms of height that I've yet to make threads for, I should get around to it later today or tomorrow.
Oh I forgot all about this. If it ever sees the light of day, it won't be for a real long time.

Yeah, I remember checking out the property ownership around the time that they did the demolition work on this property, and figuring that it looked like Bill Seegmiller owned at least a part of it--and that there would be a development proposal at some time in the future.

It's a good location, next to the golf course (which could admittedly be repurposed at some time in the future), almost next to Rockwat and close to both the LRT and the expressway.
Tower 3/4/5 are gonna get hit with so many balls. Can't count the number of times I've smashed one into the printing shack
(Yesterday, 03:47 PM)Joedelay Highhoe Wrote: Tower 3/4/5 are gonna get hit with so many balls. Can't count the number of times I've smashed one into the printing shack

So you're telling me my fear of getting a golf ball to the head on that MUT isn't irrational...
Maybe the screen is just a big golf ball deflector
(Yesterday, 02:52 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Yeah, I remember checking out the property ownership around the time that they did the demolition work on this property, and figuring that it looked like Bill Seegmiller owned at least a part of it--and that there would be a development proposal at some time in the future.

It's a good location, next to the golf course (which could admittedly be repurposed at some time in the future), almost next to Rockwat and close to both the LRT and the expressway.

Maybe they'll be obliged to put netting on the golf course side of the street.  In any event, nice views of the golf course for some, if anything comes of it.
I think the city is already planning on installing some netting or trees along that hole. I remember last year a dude was doing a survey of balls over the fence. I tried to oblige but accidentally hit the fairway.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »