Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
(01-23-2016, 09:41 AM)Canard Wrote: "Quick Edit" doesn't seem to work with Chrome.

It doesn't work with Firefox, either.

It doesn't work period.  I've been on the designer to fix it, but nothing as of yet.

I just figured out how to get rid of it all together.
Oh, ha! I didn't realize that... I do recall using it at some point in history. I might be thinking of another forum. Oh well - thanks for changing it - saves a click. Smile
It seems as though something has changed in that I am only able to attach a maximum of 3 images per post. I used to be able to attach 5 images per post before starting another post.
(02-18-2016, 09:28 PM)Canard Wrote: It seems as though something has changed in that I am only able to attach a maximum of 3 images per post.  I used to be able to attach 5 images per post before starting another post.

[Image: 65046486.jpg]

[Image: BugFeature1.jpg]

[Image: keep-calm-its-not-a-bug-its-a-feature.png]
(02-18-2016, 09:28 PM)Canard Wrote: It seems as though something has changed in that I am only able to attach a maximum of 3 images per post.  I used to be able to attach 5 images per post before starting another post.

I'm trying something to try and condense some of the threads.  They were getting far too long with some repeated images.

Trial basis as of now.
(02-19-2016, 09:43 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'm trying something to try and condense some of the threads.  They were getting far too long with some repeated images.

It is a bit annoying when people reflexively quote an entire post with a long photo stream just to say "thanks" or to comment on one photo. But that's a PEBKAC sort of issue that software tweaks can't fix.

[Image: pebkac-problem-exists-between-keyboard-and-chair.jpg]

I've seen two solutions to that:
1) forum software automatically deletes image links when quoting a post
2) forum displays images in quotes as an HTML-scaled down version of itself.
If you use attachments (instead of referring to images on an external server), like Canard does, they won't get included when someone else quotes a post.
I guess I'm being selfish thinking only of myself, but if I go out and take 15 photos of construction along the Light Rail line which I'd like to share on the forum, now I've got to spam the forum with 5 posts instead of 3 (or 1, as on UrbanToronto, which lets you attach up to 20 images per post).
(02-19-2016, 12:40 PM)Canard Wrote: if I go out and take 15 photos of construction along the Light Rail line which I'd like to share on the forum

Don't take this the wrong way, but just because you can, i.e. the technology allows taking as many photos as one likes at no cost, doesn't necessarily mean you should, i.e. post them all here in a massive photostream. This site isn't dedicated to the art and science of LRT construction. Not everyone is interested in scrolling past a dozen or more photos, many only slightly different from the previous one, in order to keep up with general LRT developments, progress and news. 

Just saying...

But like you, I'm just one voice in one inner tube in the vastness of the interwebs Wink so value this view accordingly, i.e. ~1½¢US.
I didn't realize that posting ~20 photos per week was too much on such a massive project. If it's the wrong venue for this, by all means let me know and I'll stop.
My apologies for having the chutzpah to express an opinion that varies from yours. I solemnly vow to try harder to not repeat that transgression.

I am happy to see Canard's photos. The discussion that results from some of them is valuable too.

Please don't stop.
I agree, the photo updates are great, and are important and useful, please don't stop.

I think it's about being selective as some images are showing the same thing, or someone's already posted the same image from the day before.

Maybe the solution is to force images to be a smaller resolution.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »