Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
30-40 Margaret Ave | 3 fl townhouses | Planned
How many rebrandings is this now?

Maybe it will really get built this time ...
The opening post says this will be a "2 storey condo buildings". That should be "2 6 storey condo buildings".
There was a report in the Record the other day about the removal of trees on the site, supposedly next year. To me, that would imply going to sales by Spring 2020. We’ll see. For someone looking to buy an apartment in the core, it’s actually a very appealing location, istm.
Oh man, they've been talking about those trees for like 10 years
(08-09-2019, 09:30 AM)panamaniac Wrote: There was a report in the Record the other day about the removal of trees on the site, supposedly next year.  To me, that would imply going to sales by Spring 2020.  We’ll see.  For someone looking to buy an apartment in the core, it’s actually a very appealing location, istm.

According to the marketing people at the developer, they are planning to start sales this fall, so they have about four months to get there.
(08-10-2019, 02:32 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 09:30 AM)panamaniac Wrote: There was a report in the Record the other day about the removal of trees on the site, supposedly next year.  To me, that would imply going to sales by Spring 2020.  We’ll see.  For someone looking to buy an apartment in the core, it’s actually a very appealing location, istm.

According to the marketing people at the developer, they are planning to start sales this fall, so they have about four months to get there.

The developer must feel very confident that the units will sell.

Everything lately seems to be selling.  In this case, I would expect a higher proportion of resident owners vs investment owners, so sales might be slower.  I wonder if the plan is to build the whole project at once or to stage the buildings?
Activa has released the floorplans for this project. Yes, both buildings to be built at once, with a total of 236 units.
  • 106 1BR units, average 588 sqft
  • 64 1BR+D units, average 706 sqft
  • 52 2BR units, average 893 sqft
  • 14 2BR+D units 1,334 sqft
The 1BR units are conforming to the "new standard" but the other units are larger, particularly the 2BR+D. Mere 70% of the project is of the single-bedroom variety.

Pricing to follow (and sales to start) next month, as I understand it.
Curious to see how they market this, and what the target demographic will be
They are definitely targeting the high end of the market. Hotel-style lobby, gardens in the back, a reflecting pool AND an outdoor pool, a bocce court and large 2BR units (by recent standards).
I appreciate the breakdown of unit sizes you provided in this thread, and for Station Park.

It's nice to see the few two bedroom + den units, and two bedroom units over 800 square feet. It's something, anyway, and better choices that most recent developments have provided.
(10-28-2019, 02:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote: They are definitely targeting the high end of the market. Hotel-style lobby, gardens in the back, a reflecting pool AND an outdoor pool, a bocce court and large 2BR units (by recent standards).

The elusvie downsizing Boomers and mid to upper-level tech folk, plus assorted younger downtown professionals.  Perhaps a couple of elite types looking for a pied-a-terre "back home" in Kitchener.  Add in a sprinkle of Torontonians working or able to commute from K-W.   Not sure that sells 340 apartments, but it's a start.

(10-28-2019, 06:49 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 02:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote: They are definitely targeting the high end of the market. Hotel-style lobby, gardens in the back, a reflecting pool AND an outdoor pool, a bocce court and large 2BR units (by recent standards).

The elusvie downsizing Boomers and mid to upper-level tech folk, plus assorted younger downtown professionals.  Perhaps a couple of elite types looking for a pied-a-terre "back home" in Kitchener.  Add in a sprinkle of Torontonians working or able to commute from K-W.   Not sure that sells 340 apartments, but it's a start.

They only need to sell 236. Smile The buyer demographic for the larger units will probably be much like that for Arrow Lofts, and then they have a whole lot more smaller units than Arrow does.
I think they will sell well. It is probably one of the nicest areas in an urban setting in the region. Location location location so close to so many amenities .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »