Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTIS | 6 fl | U/C
That's interesting and for Kitchener, here's hoping it sells out. Do you think the pitch for those higher end and or penthouse units could be tech companies that house the visiting exec and family or it doesn't usually work that way? Not sure how many, if any, condos are owned by a company in DTK.

I personally would probably spend 1.3M in a different way then this if I was looking to drop it in a condo, or in Kitchener as a whole right now.

At least you'd have a good view of all the illegal fireworks people are setting off all around the park.
There are worse atrocities happening in the world! Let them have some fun - just pick up the garbage after!
Couldn't they just redesign the floors to split the units into smaller ones?
(07-12-2020, 01:17 AM)Momo26 Wrote: There are worse atrocities happening in the world! Let them have some fun - just pick up the garbage after!

This is a terrible line of reasoning, "Not as bad as" fallacy. I dunno why a few people get to have fun while the rest of us have to deal with the noise they make. It's also against the bylaws the city has for fireworks so as far as I'm concerned anyone setting off fireworks outside of the few days a year they're supposed is selfish.
Is fireworks in Victoria Park a regular thing?
It’s hard to tell where exactly people are setting them off but most nights for the last while people seem really into it, much more than any other year I’ve lived near the park. Bylaw or the cops can’t really do much u less you know exactly who and where they are setting off or if they happen to see it themselves.

If some people enjoying fireworks is the worst of your problems, you got it pretty easy Wink

I'm being cheeky but don't stress
(07-14-2020, 10:29 PM)Momo26 Wrote: If some people enjoying fireworks is the worst of your problems, you got it pretty easy Wink

What you are doing is not being cheeky. It is being dismissive of the impact of fireworks on a host of humans with various conditions - which is an ableist position to take - and animals, especially dogs - which is just mean.

Edit to add: Also, you are indulging in the "fallacy of relative privation": https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Not_as_bad_as
I'm hearing the voice of my late mother, telling me "it's all good fun until somebody puts out an eye!". Wink
(07-14-2020, 10:29 PM)Momo26 Wrote: If some people enjoying fireworks is the worst of your problems, you got it pretty easy Wink

I dunno what makes you think that it's the worst of my problems or my only problem.

I hope someone comes over to where you live has fireworks every night for a couple months... I'm being cheeky too! look at me, so funny, ahahahaha
Getting back on topic, I rolled by and took a photo of the latest sign they've erected:

The render looks like a neat building, I hope they finally build something here soon!
I don't know why but the picture on the sign makes it look like a house boat to me.

New sales feature? Floats on the lake during the summer!
Walked by yesterday, the marketing sign has come down (maybe all sold now?). A few machines were in and out of the site.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »