Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Young (née Mayfair Hotel) | 5 fl | Complete
(10-26-2020, 11:16 AM)westwardloo Wrote: Noticed on a walk this weekend that the metal panels were being installed at the back of this building. Unfortunately I did not get a photo. Appeared to be nice greyish panels.

Some panels installed but can't see the finish or colour on those yet.

(10-27-2020, 09:57 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 12:36 AM)dtkvictim Wrote: Sidewalks were being poured today.

It seems that Young St might actually reopen soon. And with nice, wide sidewalks, too!

Wider than before?
(10-27-2020, 10:33 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 09:57 AM)tomh009 Wrote: It seems that Young St might actually reopen soon. And with nice, wide sidewalks, too!

Wider than before?

Yes, wider on the Mayfair side -- it was quite narrow before.
(10-27-2020, 09:52 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Oh yes that's right, another bank taking ultra prime real estate, ofc.

I still feel something COOL and vibrant should be going in here. Yes big banks are consistent with the lease but you know what, if you dont pay you get evicted regardless.

Sadly, the problem is that the cost to lease a place like this - in a brand new office building on the ground level - is incredibly expensive. Only so many businesses can afford that, which is why we end up with banks and sleep clinics moving into new buildings.
(10-27-2020, 10:03 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 11:16 AM)westwardloo Wrote: Noticed on a walk this weekend that the metal panels were being installed at the back of this building. Unfortunately I did not get a photo. Appeared to be nice greyish panels.

Some panels installed but can't see the finish or colour on those yet.
Thanks for the photos, I meant this back of the building.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ahh, that makes sense now! Big Grin
Interior work on the ground floor has been in full swing this week. Lots of framing happening. Today big signs advertising RBC coming soon went up.

Damn this building is looking great !!
Agreed. Day time, night time, doesn't matter. I'll eat crow, I didn't think this was going to be anything special, but it's turned out fantastic.
It looks like BMO is taking the entire ground floor.

And I really, really like the wood plank effect on the ceilings (they are not actually planks but structural composite wood). This is a super nice addition to DTK, I now beg forgiveness for my impatience during the few years while this was in the works!

Very nice indeed !!
(11-22-2020, 06:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote: It looks like BMO is taking the entire ground floor.

Umm...no. BMO is up the street, on the other side, across from the liquor store. That logo is RBC.
Duh! So it is! These banks need to be more adventurous with their logo colours!Smile

Oh yay, another great piece of real estate to be occupied by a bank.
(11-23-2020, 01:44 PM)ac3r Wrote: Oh yay, another great piece of real estate to be occupier by a bank.

Apparently people still want to visit banks. If they didn't, the banks would not be paying for prime real estate.

There are retail spaces available for all kinds of businesses in DTK, it's not as if banks are monopolizing all the available retail space.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »