Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Caroline St Private Residences | 22 fl | Complete
Has anyone heard any sales figures for this project yet? Is it close to possible construction?

For you only, an exclusive, private, VIP-only invite to their exclusive, private, VIP-only event

(You're welcome.)
Like insider, I am going to do a bit of a “reveal” here regarding the “Caroline St. Private Residences at the Iron Horse Trailhead”, but I can’t disclose too much.

Let me suggest that this development will be simply magnificent. It is not “just” condos, but actually “Private Residences” in high-rise form. But beyond this, as it will apparently keep the form of its former twin, the 144 Park building, you might ask “How else are the Private Residences more magnificent and prestigious than their neighbouring high-rise?” This I can’t reveal (cough) granite/stainless steel saunas (cough).

And you can look for your own clues. For one, the project has a coat of arms consisting of a horse rampant, crowned and surrounded by laurel leaves. Could this indicate a solution to parking problems? Instead of an intrusive parking structure, could there be stables? Could these be the ground floor mixed-use, interacting with the street? I would like to say more, but I can’t. Suffice it to hint that you might keep your eye on applications to expand the uses of the Iron Horse Trail beyond its present humdrum active transportation modes. And if Vincenzos begins to sell hay, well…

The one thing I can reveal – and I am tipping this only to a select group - is that as an investor in the first such “Private Residences” in K-W, **you will easily double your money** by the occupancy date. How can I be so certain? Three words: untapped equestrian market.
You mean the hoof beats I've been hearing in the neighbourhood is the sound of people who "appreciate a life of luxury and prestige [in] a new level of luxury... at the exquisite 22-storey landmark condominium coming to the Bauer District in Uptown Waterloo" riding to the "full-scale model at the professionally decorated sales presentation centre before the public launch" on their horsesHuh

I'm shocked, shocked to hear that, um, unbridled bulls, er, marketing is being spread around here  Tongue
(02-10-2016, 12:23 PM)eizenstriet Wrote: Like insider, I am going to do a bit of a “reveal” here regarding the “Caroline St. Private Residences at the Iron Horse Trailhead”, but I can’t disclose too much.

I love how my username looks in italics. Magnificent.
(02-10-2016, 02:17 PM)insider Wrote:
(02-10-2016, 12:23 PM)eizenstriet Wrote: Like insider, I am going to do a bit of a “reveal” here regarding the “Caroline St. Private Residences at the Iron Horse Trailhead”, but I can’t disclose too much.

I love how my username looks in italics. Magnificent.

Pretty bold, eh? ;-)
(02-10-2016, 04:05 PM)jgsz Wrote:
(02-10-2016, 02:17 PM)insider Wrote: I love how my username looks in italics. Magnificent.

Pretty bold, eh? ;-)

And also a bit bent Wink

(02-10-2016, 09:23 AM)ookpik Wrote: For you only, an exclusive, private, VIP-only invite to their exclusive, private, VIP-only event

(You're welcome.)

Gosh, the marketing is so over the top. I can only think of two similar cases, The Westount Grand and The Carriage Crossing, both of which were a bit of a disappointment in terms of sales.

I wonder if they are not misreading their audience, or is there really someone out there who falls for this "VIP life of luxury and prestige"?
New rendering of the Carolinest building of all.  They have changed it from 144 park in aesthetics.  The improvements are goodish (the white box entrance to the building being upgraded is big.  That kills me every time I go down park, as does the strange change in colour up the tower), but two differently finished though same shape buildings sharing the same podium... is there a chance that looks good?  Are there examples of this looking good in the real world somewhere?

What could be more luxurious than to share your building with a less/non luxurious 144 Park, be adjacent to a parking structure, right next to a (opponents will say) screeching LRT turn, and sharing your parking with any old riff-raff that wants to stop into Vincenzo's?
The tower looks better, especially with the glass balconies but the podium looks worse and somewhat cheap IMO.
But the podium does have retail at the street level -- that is definitely an improvement.
I don't think the podium has retail at all. If it is like the original, the Caroline Street side is parking for Vincenzos and the other Bauer shops. That was part of the original deal in purchasing that land.

(02-11-2016, 12:53 PM)Lens Wrote: The tower looks better, especially with the glass balconies but the podium looks worse and somewhat cheap IMO.

Even in the rendering, it looks like cheap prefab material.
Also, am I counting right, or is that building 22-23 storeys? I don't think 144 Park is more than 16.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »