Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of Tower Cranes 2015
Did anyone count this one:

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.473144,-...312!8i6656

Big Grin

New crane going up on Lester just behind WCHR. This is where the path connecting Lester and Phillip is supposed to be.
That is not where the path is going to be. It's where the path should have been. The path will be south of that site, popping out behind the other WCRI building.
(10-15-2015, 08:10 AM)Markster Wrote: That is not where the path is going to be. It's where the path should have been. The path will be south of that site, popping out behind the other WCRI building.

Indeed. The Northdale path network is a great example of massive planning fail. Our city planners were too busy legislating rental housing minimum distance separation and deciding in which zones framing stores as compared to book stores would be allowed to actually look at a map, make some absurdly obvious plans, and protect for those plans in the zoning regulations.
Like I said a meddling planning department and city council that yet gets a ton of things wrong. As for the shops, they rejected the previous plan which was nicer because of loss of parking, and then accepted this inferior new plan with.... loss of parking.
I'm guessing a 2017/2018 crane thread could be started? I would start one but I don't know of many cranes up so far this year so don't want to create a thread. Only ones I know of are Midtown lofts, Fallowfield? and Trio on Belmont but I'm assuming there are more. Hopefully lots more cranes later this year and next year.
(06-09-2017, 10:08 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: I'm guessing a 2017/2018 crane thread could be started? I would start one but I don't know of many cranes up so far this year so don't want to create a thread. Only ones I know of are Midtown lofts, Fallowfield? and Trio on Belmont but I'm assuming there are more. Hopefully lots more cranes later this year and next year.

You should start a thread anyway! People will descend on it with more information!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »