Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32 King St East | ?m | 6 fl | [proposed]
+1 for Spokes patio idea!

I think this will remain a concept until Dream has someone willing to sign a pre-construction lease. I'm optimistic, but will not be holding my breath.

(02-03-2015, 07:07 AM)panamaniac Wrote: A new office building in Downtown Kitchener?  A gap on King St (E!) filled?  Be still my heart....!

I was just thinking about how much infill has taken place and how even so we still have a ways to go. This is similar to the experience of Pittsburgh which has been in a marked upswing for a good thirty years and yet it still isn't a great place to live.

Here's the list of infill projects in downtown I can think of:

• School of Medicine
  • School of Pharmacy
  • Kaufman lofts
  • 1 Victoria
  • Victoria Commons
  • Arrow Lofts
  • Breihaupt Block
  • Tannery
  • Thalmic Labs on Charles St.
  • City Centre
  • The Museum
  • The Conrad performance centre
  • The Beer Store
  • 100 Victoria
  • Kitchener City Hall
  • New Courthouse
Others?
This looks like a great development. I personally think the height is right on for this stretch. Judging by the rendering, it will fit in great here, and I don't care that it's not going to be an architectural gem. I'll have my fingers and toes crossed that they can lease it and get it build: these medium-sized builds are something we need more of.
According to this Record article from today, it looks like Dream were hoping to woo Stantec, but lost out.

Quote:"...Stantec was looking at staying in the core and near the transit line. So Dream Office did make a proposal to have it occupy a brand new building that could be built adjacent to the nearby 22 Frederick St. building, just behind Crabby Joe's restaurant. But in the end, the parameters of the requirements changed and Stantec decided to go with an already-built suburban building, she added."
Has anyone heard anything about this project?
(07-29-2015, 06:10 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Has anyone heard anything about this project?

I believe it's a concept rather than a "proposal" and definitely not yet a "project".
With KOI Fest taking place this weekend instead of in late September and at CITS instead of this lot I wonder if the development is actually moving forward? Maybe just wishful thinking...

(06-26-2016, 11:24 PM)Lens Wrote: With KOI Fest taking place this weekend instead of in late September and at CITS instead of this lot I wonder if the development is actually moving forward? Maybe just wishful thinking...

I believe that the change in venue was related to other KOI issues, not to any pending development of the site.

I see that the reconstruction of the east side of the American Hotel Block includes windows, which surprises me somewhat - I wonder what this implies for future (abutting?) development?
(02-03-2015, 01:36 AM)Lens Wrote: [Image: fc7e29cf6db44735ab7921b71dbc66e3.jpg]

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/Looplink/Pro...5354569731

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/94F34948-...F4C494.pdf

Finally! That will look better than the missing tooth that is there now.
/\ Neither of those links seem to work for me. Have tried a few times now.
My guess is that the owner put together the idea and floated it to see if someone bit and signed a big lease, and if so they'd try to build it, but it didn't happen
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »