Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
Received a move in date of Nov 8th for Tower A Floor 3. Not sure if this is the final date (or if they're even allowed to move it after it being issued). Will update once I know as it was relayed to me by my agent.

(07-19-2022, 04:01 PM)Rofltropter Wrote: Received a move in date of Nov 8th for Tower A Floor 3. Not sure if this is the final date (or if they're even allowed to move it after it being issued). Will update once I know as it was relayed to me by my agent.

The round they just gave out is “final tentative occupancy date.”

They are still able to set a “final firm occupancy date” that is no later than 120 days after the final tentative occupancy date. If they do not set a final firm occupancy date within 90 days of the final tentative occupancy date, the final tentative occupancy date automatically becomes the firm occupancy date.
(07-19-2022, 04:10 PM)CP42 Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 04:01 PM)Rofltropter Wrote: Received a move in date of Nov 8th for Tower A Floor 3. Not sure if this is the final date (or if they're even allowed to move it after it being issued). Will update once I know as it was relayed to me by my agent.

The round they just gave out is “final tentative occupancy date.”

They are still able to set a “final firm occupancy date” that is no later than 120 days after the final tentative occupancy date. If they do not set a final firm occupancy date within 90 days of the final tentative occupancy date, the final tentative occupancy date automatically becomes the firm occupancy date.

Quite interesting, meaning that August 10th is the date it switches to being firm? Or am I misunderstanding and they have the ability to change that date anytime?
(07-19-2022, 05:59 PM)Rofltropter Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 04:10 PM)CP42 Wrote: The round they just gave out is “final tentative occupancy date.”

Quite interesting, meaning that August 10th is the date it switches to being firm? Or am I misunderstanding and they have the ability to change that date anytime?
If they don’t give you a new firm final occupancy date (as late as March 8) by August 10th, then November 8th becomes the firm date. If you don’t get occupancy until after that then you’d be eligible for delayed occupancy compensation.
Has the plaza been demolished yet?
(07-29-2022, 10:47 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: Has the plaza been demolished yet?

Nope, not yet.
No plaza demolition, but a couple minor phase 1 updates:

It appears they are beginning the process to remove the construction elevator on tower 1, removing the plywood and gates on the upper floors:
[Image: MhoySxX.jpg][Image: XP9AzGn.jpg][Image: gXPnTJU.jpg]

Some landscaping work has begun at the corner of King and Wellington:
[Image: JTJ7Ytg.jpg][Image: zEwcWmR.jpg][Image: fROMfs2.jpg]

The podium on this really sucks.
I like it.

It’s a bit scattered on the courtyard-side but I think it’s nice and symmetrical on the Wellington side, with higher quality materials compared to other projects in the region.

I find everyone on this forum has something negative to say about every single project, but not every project will be an absolute work of art. I think there are benefits in looking at the positives of each of them!
If they didn't use red brick or that weird red metal on the other side it could be okay. There is just way too much going on but also makes me think of a hospital or something. If they had to use brick, then a dark colour would have been preferable to me, something like the Lago in Toronto: https://architizer-prod.imgix.net/media/...o_0126.jpg
Agreed - I do not like the red on the courtyard side. The renderings used much more pleasing colours, so not sure why they’ve done that. Maybe there is still hope it will be changed…
(08-02-2022, 06:02 PM)CP42 Wrote: I like it.

It’s a bit scattered on the courtyard-side but I think it’s nice and symmetrical on the Wellington side, with higher quality materials compared to other projects in the region.

I find everyone on this forum has something negative to say about every single project, but not every project will be an absolute work of art. I think there are benefits in looking at the positives of each of them!

One would be happy if any local projects were an absolute work of art ....
(08-02-2022, 06:17 PM)ac3r Wrote: If they didn't use red brick or that weird red metal on the other side it could be okay. There is just way too much going on but also makes me think of a hospital or something. If they had to use brick, then a dark colour would have been preferable to me, something like the Lago in Toronto: https://architizer-prod.imgix.net/media/...o_0126.jpg

Red brick is classic.  Black/grey brick is the vastly overused flavour of the moment.  Imho.

(08-02-2022, 07:35 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 06:17 PM)ac3r Wrote: If they didn't use red brick or that weird red metal on the other side it could be okay. There is just way too much going on but also makes me think of a hospital or something. If they had to use brick, then a dark colour would have been preferable to me, something like the Lago in Toronto: https://architizer-prod.imgix.net/media/...o_0126.jpg

Red brick is classic.  Black/grey brick is the vastly overused flavour of the moment.  Imho.

Seconded. Also matches the Ratz-Bechtel building. But I agree with others the red metal framing on the courtyard side is a weird choice in context of the rest of it.
(08-02-2022, 08:04 PM)LVcherrypark Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 07:35 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Red brick is classic.  Black/grey brick is the vastly overused flavour of the moment.  Imho.

Seconded. Also matches the Ratz-Bechtel building. But I agree with others the red metal framing on the courtyard side is a weird choice in context of the rest of it.

True, but every building these days seems to need four or five different exterior claddings ...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »