Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
(05-05-2020, 06:46 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I received an email today updating the project. it is 90 percent sold and they will be continuing construction again in the upcoming weeks .

Well, that's certainly impressive.

The Drewlo site still sits empty of workers, even now that other construction is starting up again.
(05-05-2020, 08:31 PM)Square Wrote: The Drewlo site still sits empty of workers, even now that other construction is starting up again.

There has been some activity at Drewlo yesterday and today, both mornings the gates have been open. No full construction restart yet, though.
Thank you for the information and nice pictures!
(05-05-2020, 08:31 PM)Square Wrote: The Drewlo site still sits empty of workers, even now that other construction is starting up again.

They released a statement saying they would be slowing down construction to protect their workers against the virus. They've had a few on site, but they're really trying to avoid having too many of them.
Update article from The Record..

https://www.therecord.com/news/waterloo-...pancy.html
For some reason I forgot/didn't realize a tower in the first phase was going to be 28 stories.

Yes, and if you look at the advertising rendering pictures, are they hinting the future towers will be much taller ? They show a silhouette of a tower the appears to be much taller..
(05-08-2020, 07:15 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Yes, and if you look at the advertising rendering pictures, are they hinting the future towers will be much taller ? They show a silhouette of a tower the appears to be much taller..

Yes. That tower is being built to house all the rumours!

J/K

But when you see the silhouette, it does look like it's going to be a real show stopper.
(05-08-2020, 07:15 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Yes, and if you look at the advertising rendering pictures, are they hinting the future towers will be much taller ? They show a silhouette of a tower the appears to be much taller..
seems like its only going to be about 5 floors taller than the 28 floor tower. Which to me, is not much taller as you put it haha.
(05-08-2020, 07:50 PM)jordan2423 Wrote:
seems like its only going to be about 5 floors taller than the 28 floor tower. Which to me, is not much taller as you put it haha.
Why the Ha ha ?  Its actually much higher   there is information  previously that it will be over 40 plus stories
(05-09-2020, 12:20 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Why the Ha ha ?  Its actually much higher   there is information  previously that it will be over 40 plus stories

Citation please.
it believe it is in this ink somewhere, or possibly on DTK, one of our members with some inside knowledge was mentioning that higher building than DTK is coming... I dont have time right now to search for it... feel free to find it as it is on the site... it is there though...

(05-09-2020, 06:27 AM)jgsz Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 12:20 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Why the Ha ha ?  Its actually much higher   there is information  previously that it will be over 40 plus stories

Citation please.
I believe ac3r mentioned in another thread that DTK would be passed as tallest building sooner rather than later, in a discussion where people thought that DTK would be the tallest for a while. 

He just said we can expect something over 40 stories, not what development that might be or if it was already in progress. Most people just seemed to assume phase 2 of station park. It could be or it could not be, but theres nothing official.
Yeah, it's not Station Park. Some fellow architects from Toronto have been designing a fairly tall building, but I don't know when it will be proposed to the city. With Covid-19, it unfortunately might not even happen now...it'll depend on how bad people are hit economically. If people are no longer able to afford to buy, they sure won't build something of that size. I think the construction boom is going to grind to a halt for a few years while we recover from this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »