Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
The Metz (Schneiders site redevelopment)
(07-28-2020, 03:18 PM)ac3r Wrote: I would love to do some urban exploration inside this thing before it all comes down, but I bet they have 247 security there. Going in the old office tower would be interesting.

There is no security outside. I do believe the buildings are locked up tight, though, as they had squatter issues before.

(07-28-2020, 03:18 PM)ac3r Wrote: I would love to do some urban exploration inside this thing before it all comes down, but I bet they have 247 security there. Going in the old office tower would be interesting.
I think that they gutted the inside. There was a tube from the upper floors and a trash bin on the outside last year while demolition was going on.
Updated pics?
(07-29-2020, 12:13 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Updated pics?

Eh? The pictures on the previous page are from a week ago, and there is no current activity at the moment.
(07-29-2020, 12:13 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Updated pics?

Say please at least!
Pretty please hah
But what pictures are you looking for?

Just the site itself. Whatever is happening here. Not a big deal, I can drive by later don't sweat it
(07-31-2020, 11:48 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Just the site itself. Whatever is happening here.  Not a big deal, I  can drive by later don't sweat it
Tom took a bunch of pictures less than a week ago. They are on the previous page if you want to take a look
(07-31-2020, 12:27 PM)Bjays93 Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 11:48 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Just the site itself. Whatever is happening here.  Not a big deal, I  can drive by later don't sweat it .

Tom took a bunch of pictures less than a week ago. They are on the previous page if you want to take a look

And that's why I'm a bit confused! Smile
I assume that this was the tunnel that led from the Schneiders plant to the parking lot on Mill St. that was mentioned in earlier posts.
Tunnel
(08-02-2020, 05:14 PM)Acitta Wrote: I assume that this was the tunnel that led from the Schneiders plant to the parking lot on Mill St. that was mentioned in earlier posts.
Tunnel

The tunnel was certainly in a metal culvert of that sort, so one imagines "yes".  In my memory, the other end of the opening was not far from the creek, into what would now be the Joy townhouse development (that area became an additional parking lot for Schneiders employees, I think in the 1970s).
(08-02-2020, 06:07 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 05:14 PM)Acitta Wrote: I assume that this was the tunnel that led from the Schneiders plant to the parking lot on Mill St. that was mentioned in earlier posts.
Tunnel

The tunnel was certainly in a metal culvert of that sort, so one imagines "yes".  In my memory, the other end of the opening was not far from the creek, into what would now be the Joy townhouse development (that area became an additional parking lot for Schneiders employees, I think in the 1970s).
Yes, the one end is right at the corner of the townhouse development. It appears to have been filled in at both ends.

It was there in 1980, that much I do remember!
Sweet. Checked it out ((previous page). +1 From me!

Thanks

Tis all rubble still
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »